Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I did this for a 21st birthday card, I thought it would be a nice guesture to paint the persons horse anyway can I have some opinions please I'm a terrible judge of my own work, btw it is a digital painting done in Corel painter.

The original photo I had

·
Registered
687 Posts
It's really nice, seems to lack a bit of definition though - like you've done the base colouring but not the detailing? A nice way of doing that would be to blow up the picture then use a smallish brush to add in some scratchy darker shading in places, then resize and it will look spiffy. It looks a bit blurry now is all.

I hope you don't take offence by my crits - I work as an artist for another site and i'm really used to giving out crits to people who are required to have a thick skin!

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well its only going to be 10cm x 15cm soo detail will be wasted but I was thinking of detailing it up more if I want to make it an A4 print sadly umm the photo I have to work with isnt amazing so I need to go back to the reference if that makes sense,. That said thats the JPEG of it the actual painter file is slighty clearer, the quaility just disappears as soon as I changed the format.

haha dont worry hun I work in the industry I'm used to having my work ripped to pieces daily, and the yrs of uni werent easy either ;) Plus it was a last minute thing I did up tonight as I couldnt find any cards I liked, umm I must remember to plan ahead from now on and give myself longer than 24 hours ooops

·
Registered
687 Posts
Oh I think it's amazing considering your ref :) Especially as its black and white! If it's going to be even smaller, I agree detail isn't totally necessary, I guess I'm just so used to inking and having a definite outline!

Whoever you're drawing it for is going to love it I'm sure :)

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks hun :D problem is I keep looking at it and seeing problems ahhh and I dont wanna overwork it cos then things always end up looking worse. But I do see where ur coming from with the detail I just wish I'd given myself more time lol that said I'll put making it more defined for a print on my to do list

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I like the blurry look that it has as well. That makes it more of an "art" look instead of actually making an identical replica of her orginal picture. I guess it just depends on the look you were wanting it to have. :)

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Kari said:
I like the blurry look that it has as well. That makes it more of an "art" look instead of actually making an identical replica of her orginal picture. I guess it just depends on the look you were wanting it to have. :)
I totally agree!!
I think it looks great!! You're very talented :coolwink:
I wish I was artistic!! I can only draw if I'm looking at something else and copying it exactly, and even then it has to be a cartoon or something. Give me a picture of a person and I'll draw a stick figure ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
hi

that is amazing you are very talented and what a lovely thought your very kind to do that. I am sure they will love it.
Liz x

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone :D I'm hoping it'll go down well :)

If I get the chance and some free time I might start doing some digital paintings if anyone if interested of course more detailed than this and you can get them wrapped around a canvus so they look like a traditional painting. If anyone is interested PM me :)

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
*Sarah* said:
Thanks everyone :D I'm hoping it'll go down well :)

If I get the chance and some free time I might start doing some digital paintings if anyone if interested of course more detailed than this and you can get them wrapped around a canvus so they look like a traditional painting. If anyone is interested PM me :)

Hey Sarah I have no idea what you mean but I am interested.;)
If it is made by you then it must be good.:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts