Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been down with a very bad cold. I got up to take some cold medicine and accidently sent a cold pill flying while trying to pop it out of the foil packaging. Milo was in the kitchen and I picked him up almost immediately, but have been unable to find the pill. Don't know what to do as I don't think he had time to get the pill, but I am not absolutely sure as I have been unable to find it so far. I put him in his crate immediately so I could search for the pill without him finding it. I live out in the middle of nowhere and don't know what to do. I am extremely worried. Advice appreciated.

Nine :0(

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
I would call a vet. I did that one time with one of my script meds. I was just sure there was no way Bu could have gotten it, but later in the day, I found it flattened on the carpet in front of his crate. They are very bitter, so when it started to dissolve he dropped it.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Yes, call your vet and explain what happened. Better to be safe then sorry.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ChisRule & Ms. P,

Thank you so much for responding. I just wanted to let you know that we found the pill! I knew that it had hit the stove when it went flying. My hubby came home and found it. It had fallen through the burner area and was inside the stove. I have never felt so relieved in my life!!!!

Nine

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I'm so glad. Tylenol is in most cold meds and it can be deadly.

I have to say, I PULLED an ibuprofen out of Dolly's mouth when she was a puppy, so I know just how you feel! Whew!

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Oh I am soooo glad you found it!
I know how you must have felt.
I hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
450 Posts
I am so glad that you found it! I have dropped pills like that before ranging from birth control to a gas pill like exlax and as soon as I hit the floor to look for it I have two wet Chi noses trying to help. Luckily I have always found it but there is that moment of panic when you think they could have found it first!

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Nine said:
ChisRule & Ms. P,

Thank you so much for responding. I just wanted to let you know that we found the pill! I knew that it had hit the stove when it went flying. My hubby came home and found it. It had fallen through the burner area and was inside the stove. I have never felt so relieved in my life!!!!

Nine
You are welcome and believe me, I do know how you feel. That was the most frightening thing I've experienced with him. I know the relief you felt when you found it too! I'm glad all turned out so well. :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have MS, so I am all ways dropping things. My Hershey has been trained to pick things up that I drop, and when it comes to medication that has been dropped she doesn't go near medication. She goes about 2 feet of medication, and she sits down, and gives me her full attention with her eyes. I then tell her next what to do. She can pick up small piece of food off floor, and hands them to you, but I don't want to chance medication. I was to add that Hershey has never been yelled at, leash corrections, or she only knows the word, mmmmmmmm, for a attention getter for her to look at me. I have yelled at Cocoa before I went to all positive training.

Jennie

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Jennie- your puppies sound like they're very well trained! Can I send Carl over? You can teach him a thing or two ;)

Nine- I'm so glad you found the pill! What a relief!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts