Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i've asked this before, but for those of you who have paper/pad/litter trained: how long until your chi was FULLY trained?

zoey is having a really rough time w/ the potty pad. she doesn't understand that she has to go both pee and poo on it. im very frustrated and feel as though i'm doing something wrong. we've been trying to train her for 3 weeks now and we can only get her to pee on the pad. she has not ONCE pooped on it. :cussing: HELP!!!!!!!!

i dont know what to do!! we were thinking about filling a pop can w/ pennies and throwing it at the ground whenever she starts pooping so that it startles her and i have a chance to run her over to the pad. when i clap my hands, she ignores it and keeps pooping. when i pick her up she keeps pooping and it falls out of her butt and sometimes lands in places we dont want it to (like on our feet!!!) :oops: geez... i feel like i'm a failure at training her!!!

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Try putting the pad in a spot that she has pooped in.
If she does poop somewhere she is not suppose to, pick up the poop and put it on the paper, take her to it and tell her " good girl make poo poo on the paper" or something like that. Leave it there for a little while so she can go back and check it out. After a while pick up the poo and flush it or what ever. Leave the pad so the smell stays for her to find. Just be sure to remove the poop before the next time she needs to do it because they usually won't go on the pad if there is poop there allready.
You do have seperate pads for pee and poo? Not next to each other. They need to be some distance apart.
I don't think she knows where she is suppose to go.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, we'll definitely take your advice!! thank you soo much. yes, we have separate pads for poo and pee. maybe we need to move them further apart so that she can tell the difference. its so funny how 9/10 times she will pee on the pad... but then when it's time to poo, she totally forgets everything that she's learned! she also likes to do the walk and kick thing after she poos, so maybe she doesnt think she can do that on a pad? i dunno... puppies are confusing!!! :oops:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts