Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey
I was walking my babies today and a girl came running over saying awww a powder puff iv got one of them they are amazing little dogs ...

For a few min afterwards i was thinking what?? then it dawned on me mia does kinda look like a powder puff ...

so i wanted to ask your opinion ??
I mean when i got mia i got her from a little old woman who said shes a pekinese breeder and she shows them too anyway she told me that mias mam was a papillon who was 14 years old and she had gotten frisky with her daughters male bichon frise and didnt even know she was pregnant until one day she spotted a lil black newborn in bed with her...mia was the only pup..

Now shes got the papillion colours and butterfly ears...but i dont think shes anything like a bichon.....now iv been looking up powder puffs and mia when shes wet is identical to hairless Chinese crested ...

anyway just looking for your opinion
i mean i dont see why the woman would lie about what she is she just wanted her to go to a good home and i got a good vetting of her before she said i could have mia lol...
heres a pic of mia
wish i had a wet pic to show ya tho

HAHA SUNBATHING

Mia Clio and my lil bro lol

HAHA Mia doesnt have two tails clio is hiding behind her lol

thank you hope pics are ok xxxxx

235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh i ment to say i really dont mind what kinda dog she is and i dont understand why the breeder would lie lol anyway what i mean is shes my baby and i dont mind at all i just wanted another opinion and where better to go for that opinion then here lol xxxxxxxxxxxxx

235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She looks to have Bichon coat qualities. To my eye she looks more like a Bichon x Papillon than a Powder Puff. She is extremely cute :)
aww ok deadly thanks yeah its weird everytime someone asks what she is and i tell them
they usually look at me like im mad .... saying they dont see that in her at all....i mean when i was working in the groomers and we had bichons in their behavior reminded me of mia so much and iv never met a papillon so i dunno about that...yeah shes actually an amazing lil thing so fast to pick up stuff and so amazing to remember commands like immediately lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks xxx

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
They are both extremely intelligent breeds, I think they would make a lovely mix. Her body shape looks more like a Bichon too. I worked with Papillons years ago, lovely dogs. I always thought if I ever had a Toy breed it would be a Papillon, never a Chi lol.

235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are both extremely intelligent breeds, I think they would make a lovely mix. Her body shape looks more like a Bichon too. I worked with Papillons years ago, lovely dogs. I always thought if I ever had a Toy breed it would be a Papillon, never a Chi lol.
Yea explains alot shes insanly intelligent i mean she may aswell speak English too haha

·
Registered
189 Posts
Before I read your post, my first thought was that she was a powderpuff. My mom has one and your dog looks quite similar. I am sure she is what the breeder says, but she does look like a powderpuff to me!

235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Before I read your post, my first thought was that she was a powderpuff. My mom has one and your dog looks quite similar. I am sure she is what the breeder says, but she does look like a powderpuff to me!
yeah iv had a few people say the same thing and my uncle is convinced shes a powder puff cause he has a friend who has one...

i dont mind im just curious lol
ill post a wet pic of her when i get the chance cause her face is all spotty underneath that hair and im curious to what she would look like if i shaved her face like a powderpuff but she is super cute with hair and i dont want her to look strange lol hahaahaa

not that i dont trust the breeder its just when i spoke to her the one thing that stood out that she said was when her papillon had a puppy she was surprised because shes old and didnt think she could still have a pup at that age which to me for a breeder to say is a bit odd for a person who breeds and shows dogs to think she was to old to have puppies but sher i dunno lol

235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ment to say the only thing that drives peole mad with mia is that omg does she like to lick ...if your standing she will come over and lick your pants lol if your rubbing her its lick lick lick lick omg its insane she cant stop its like a mad addiction lol

if im on labtop its lick lick lick your hands while your tipping and just rubbing her she cant stop licking your hands...iv tried saying no when shes licking and stop rubbing her and it works so some extent but she just cant stop....unless you say no and stop she will carry on then when she isint licking and you go to rub her she doesnt lick for a few seconds and then she cant control herself....lick lick lick lol

any solutions ?? lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts