Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to start brushing her teeth. Her breath is terrible. It's not puppy breath at all. You would think she was 20 years old with bad teeth the way her breath smells. Poor baby...it has to be rough on her too. Where can I buy a toothbrush/paste for her? Does Wal-Mart carry it, or should I just go by her Vet's office? We don't have a Petsmart near us. I meant to get that when we went a few weeks ago, but I forgot. :?

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i've heard that when they are cutting teeth their mouths reek. chiwi's smells like a garbage can lol and her teeth are coming in so it may be true. you can get the toothpaste from the vets, on-line or at petsmart. not sure if walmart carries it....

·
Registered
568 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
i've heard that when they are cutting teeth their mouths reek. chiwi's smells like a garbage can lol and her teeth are coming in so it may be true. you can get the toothpaste from the vets, on-line or at petsmart. not sure if walmart carries it....
Yeah same here. Bella's breath has gotten vicious over the past few weeks, but I know she is cutting teeth and loosing them as I have found several. I can't wait until she is done with the teething. Yikes!

Leslie

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
oh..

oh joy! The things i get to look forward to! At about what age do pups start cutting teeth?? My puppy is 17 weeks (we just got him) is he done teething?? or do we still have to wait?? I am new with chi's.. i've read a few books but don't remember this... please reply..

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Re: oh..

Roie said:
oh joy! The things i get to look forward to! At about what age do pups start cutting teeth?? My puppy is 17 weeks (we just got him) is he done teething?? or do we still have to wait?? I am new with chi's.. i've read a few books but don't remember this... please reply..
he hasn't even started yet ;) they say usually between 4 and 7 months is the start and finish.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I have seen the toothpaste at our local Walmart here in Florida. As for the toothbrush, I prefer the children's small toothbrush. It just seems to be easier to use for me.

Guess I was just lucky - Jasmine never had bad breath when she was cutting teeth - at least not that I noticed. :lol: And I think I would have noticed as she is right in my face giving kisses every morning before we get up.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
maybe she's eating poo ???
No luckily she's not a poo eater. Yuck! She will be 14 weeks this Saturday. Is that too young to be teething? I'm going to stop by my Vet's office for some dog toothpaste and get a baby toothbrush. Thanks everyone!! :wave: [/quote]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts