Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm continuing this conversation here (taken from the This Guy Is An Idiot post in Chi Chat) because I don't want to contribute to hijacking that thread.

Referring to the original post about PH:

To those people on hear bashing paris hilton i think they are hypocritical. Juat as this man knows NOTHING about chihuahuas and bashes them, you are in turn writing about paris as you know NOTHING about her and bashing her both of you are just supposdly expressing your opinion noh? .Anyway I sent my thoughts to him too.
canadiandawn said:
I think Paris is a fruit loop and I laughed my a$$ off when I saw the picture of her cryyyyyyying all the way back to jail.
:sign5: I'm with you Dawn.

I'm always curious about folks defending that twit with the "you just don't know her" defense. How well do YOU know her? I'm referring to her very public behavior not her personally. Since she chooses to show her arse for all the world to see, she leaves herself wide open for ridicule. She acts like a tramp. Is she really? Who knows. My stand is very clear, there is nothing hypcritical about it.

·
Registered
687 Posts
The way she reacted to working in 'The simple life' set up my opinion of her, the fact she got Bambi to replace Tinkerbell because Tink grew too big backed up my dislike for her :p

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
I don't have anything nice to say about Paris Hilton. I think that what she does is horrible and I don't know how she can sleep at night. Glorifying irresponsibility, selfishness and being idolized for being rich and spoiled is so awful. With her money and her popularity she could be doing AMAZING things in the world. I don't know how anyone could stick up for her behavior... there's NOTHING positive about her.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I heard a quote on the radio (in the UK) that Paris supposedly made after she got out of prison the first time saying that she used to act dumb because people thought it was cute, but since she's been in prison, she's realised it's not cool. So, it took PRISON for her to realise that acting stupid is not an attractive or clever trait?? - why would she even think that though?! She is just bizarre. I think most people in the UK don't really get her and just think she's a bit random and weird!

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sazzle1 said:
I heard a quote on the radio (in the UK) that Paris supposedly made after she got out of prison the first time saying that she used to act dumb because people thought it was cute, but since she's been in prison, she's realised it's not cool. So, it took PRISON for her to realise that acting stupid is not an attractive or clever trait?? - why would she even think that though?! She is just bizarre. I think most people in the UK don't really get her and just think she's a bit random and weird!
I think there's a high percentage of the U.S. population that agree. :p

·
Banned
705 Posts
I couldn't agree with you all more. Trouble is, I have a 13 year old daughter who thinks that Paris is just so cool and great. I asked her why and she said "cos she's so pretty and rich." My 11 year old daughter says she is "glamorous and fun." I think she looks and acts like a spoiled brat! It's just sad that the youth of today think so highly of such an untalented silly little girl who needs to grow up and act her age! I'm glad they sent her back to prison. Time she realised she isn't a Princess; she just has a rich daddy.:)

·
Registered
255 Posts
lebecron said:
I'm glad they sent her back to prison. Time she realised she isn't a Princess; she just has a rich daddy.:)
Exactly. And look at what happened to Tori Spelling. Not so rich anymore! :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
i love my cheese said:
I don't have anything nice to say about Paris Hilton. I think that what she does is horrible and I don't know how she can sleep at night. Glorifying irresponsibility, selfishness and being idolized for being rich and spoiled is so awful. With her money and her popularity she could be doing AMAZING things in the world. I don't know how anyone could stick up for her behavior... there's NOTHING positive about her.
I agree!!! She could do soooo many positive things with her money and position, and be a great role model but instead she wastes everything and acts or is an idiot!!! :foxes15: I am so sick of hearing about her! Why doesn't the news report on the current war or the environment!!!????

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
It's pretty sad when the news reports about her selfishness and stupidity come before news of tornados and war. I've heard about her every single day for the past couple of weeks! I think she went to jail the first time with her nose up in the air, thinking "Daddy will get me out of this." Took a couple of days but then she's acting like "I've learned my lesson. I'll never ever do anything stupid like that again." Then they throw her back in and it's "Noo, you can't do this to me! I'm rich and pretty and I can't poo in front of people so I CAN'T GO BACK!!!"

Sorry I just can't even try to be mature when talking about her. She brings out the worst in me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
lebecron said:
I have a 13 year old daughter who thinks that Paris is just so cool and great. I asked her why and she said "cos she's so pretty and rich." My 11 year old daughter says she is "glamorous and fun." It's just sad that the youth of today think so highly of such an untalented silly little girl who needs to grow up and act her age!
I have 3 daughters: 15, 13 & 9 and all of them think she is an obnoxious, idiotic, spoiled brat. They can't stand her! (Of course, I may have brainwashed them just a tad.... ;) )

We are hopeful that prison will be such a life-changing experience for her that after she gets out she will feel compelled to become a more positive role model for young girls and better person overall.

:angel1: :angel1: :angel1:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Thats all fair enough guys - and i know why you all hate her and what she has done (parading, swapping and basically treating her chis as assessories) BUT it has to be noted that she is an excellent business woman (whether it is all her own ideas or whether she has employed brillant people) and her success may have started out as being from a rich family but she is more famous than any of her family now.

Yes she is irresponsible and immature but i have a suspicion (sp?) that it is just an act and she isn't as dumb as she'd like us to believe. Because that sells.

Remember - the view you have of her is the view the press want you to have. Did she get Bambi to replace Tinks? Or did she just get another chi and this wasn't interesting enough for the press? Her fame is based on us wanting to hear (wherther we admit to it or not) about what she has done 'this time' so instead of complaining stop buying the magazines, her perfume, her autobiography, watching her programes etc etc!

Don't be mad just hate one sided arguements! :D

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Lydz, if you will re-read my post, you will see that is essentially what I said. I don't know the woman, I only know the personna she puts out there. If she's all as smart as you say, and she may be, then she oughta know better than to act the way she does as it opens her up to ridicule; from all but the very young, nieve minds.

eta: The reason I started this post was to defend myself againt a misquote/misinterpretation in the first place. Even more than Paris's behavior, I dislike my words being turned to mean something other than what I said. I don't dislike Paris herself, I've never met the woman. But her behavior, which is out there in front of everyone, is dispicable. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHIHUAHUA'S. That's why I posted it in the general section.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Macho_Tuco said:
I have 3 daughters: 15, 13 & 9 and all of them think she is an obnoxious, idiotic, spoiled brat. They can't stand her! (Of course, I may have brainwashed them just a tad.... ;) )

We are hopeful that prison will be such a life-changing experience for her that after she gets out she will feel compelled to become a more positive role model for young girls and better person overall.

:angel1: :angel1: :angel1:
Bravo Macho Tuco!!! I'm glad to see you are teaching your girls proper values!!!! Parents have a responsibility to teach there children that "celebrity" is NOT proper for celebrity's sake.

·
Banned
705 Posts
As a parent, I teach my girls proper values; trouble is, they get influenced at school and with their friends and, of course, by the media. There's not much you can do about that, except let them grow up and see things the way they really are. I don't believe in imposing my views on my kids. I can tell them right and wrong and guide them in the right direction, but if you force your views on your kids, you are just trying to create little clones of yourself. When all's said and done, Paris is just a fool. She's not been snapped snorting cocaine or beating her Chihuahua's. If my girls start trying to glam our Chi's up or start talking about swapping them in for a smaller model, I'll know I've got a problem. Til then, they can adore Paris from afar, as that is as near as they will get to her lifestyle, for sure!!:)

Lydz, I do understand what you are saying. Paris gets alot of attention by acting the dumb blonde. And it is always good to have a "balanced" argument.:D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts