Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we got her, she was eating mainly chicken and some Cesar's wet food. I switched her over from the Cesary's to Nutro canned puppy food and weaned her off the chicken. We tried giving her dry food, but she wasn't interested. Last night when I put her in her pen for the night, I was laying in bed and heard this crunching sound. I wondered if Paris was eating her dry food. Hmmmmm?? So I snuck down to the end of the bed and looked over into her pen and there she was - eating her Royal Canin dry food out of her dish. I was surprised b/c I have been feeding her canned food 4-5 times a day, and any time we mix in the dry, she eats around it. I am so happy that she is finally eating hard food. I'm going to cut back the wet food to 3 times a day...and then try wean her off it altogether.

YAY!!!! :D

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Yayy!!!! What a good girl... :D :D

Finicky lil things aren't they?

Gizmo likes his RC, some days though he decides he doesn't want to eat, so that's when I take out a can of Science Diet puppy food and have him eat that....so far it's working good...usually the next day he wakes up and goes back to eating his RC, which I was worried about because I don't want him to get used to soft food...but no problems as of yet. Yesterday and today he was ravenous for his RC kibbles...LOL!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Paris is a big girl now!! :eek:ccasion7:

I never had a problem with Cooper eating dry food ... my problem was that OmaKitty gets a can of Fancy Feast every day at 5pm (not a minute later, either) and Cooper caught on to the moist food thing, so he started annoying OmaKitty while she was trying to eat her dinner. I had to go out and buy him some Wellness moist food just so he'd leave her alone. Now he gets moist mixed in with his dry every day at 5:01pm. Not a moment after. :roll:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Fizzys mum said:
Good to know 'Cooper' has you SO well trained :lol: :wink:
I think it's more OmaKitty's training than Coopers. If OmaKitty isn't happy, there ain't no one happy. :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts