Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i took jacob to the show this morning and when we got back i ran straight to see my girls they were fine and there happy playful self i left them for around half hour after seeing them to sort there pen out and when i came back paris looked like she had died i picked her up and her gums were all white i rushed her to the vet and he said she is over run with worms the breeder had told me she had wormed them thoughly and i had no need to for a month but the vet said they have never ever been wormed and now i mite lose my little girl i am so worried he gave her some jabs and iv got her here im on constant watch and hand feeding her as he said when they start to go she will prob weigh hardly anything as there is no muscle there im soooo worried iv been doing everything and she seems to have perked up over the last half hour and is eating on her own :(

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i would have tests done on all your pets now, just in case. especially with britney being her sister....

good luck, prayers heading your way!

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quick question jacob patch and rio and tyke have all been wormed and are regulary should they be again now iv just wormed britney and am taking her to be checked out on tuesday when paris goes back im so worried for her she is so tiny and he said most of her body weight could be the worms :(

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thankyou for your support i just got her eating and drinking now she is having a nap i so hope she gonna be ok she is doing alot better than earlier i was terrified

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
chihuahua-lady said:
quick question jacob patch and rio and tyke have all been wormed and are regulary should they be again now iv just wormed britney and am taking her to be checked out on tuesday when paris goes back im so worried for her she is so tiny and he said most of her body weight could be the worms :(
lungworms are really bad, all your babies should be checked for them.

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i know im not a vet and i dont know much but i always thought lung worm was rare as well and that info you gave me says that certain things need to be done to discover if it is them well all he done was feel her belly then say lungworm if she just had normal worms but a lot of them could that make her this ill

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
chihuahua-lady said:
i know im not a vet and i dont know much but i always thought lung worm was rare as well and that info you gave me says that certain things need to be done to discover if it is them well all he done was feel her belly then say lungworm if she just had normal worms but a lot of them could that make her this ill
the more i look the more i find that there is coughing with lungworm and that it is rare and it can also get confused with another worm (am drawing a blank to witch one...)

i would get a second opionion since he based his diagnosis on feeling her belly :?: and if it was another kind of worm infestation yes severe enough it could make her that ill.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
You need to have them ALL wormed again. If they live and play together then they need to either be tested or wormed again :? If she was that badly infested with worms, did you not notice it in her stool?

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the advice its really helped she is resting at mo at least she has had some food and drink i just hope she pulls through hate seeing her this way and i could tell she was so frightened earlier

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no and i always check i no that sounds real sad but its better to be safe but my breeder said they had been regulary wormed i noticed her poo smelled real strong but apart from that there was no signs of worms thats what i find so strange as i can normally tell either the pop belly or notice it in there poo

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I really don't think you could have seen them in the poo as they live
in the lungs ( I think ) PLEASE do not think you did anything wrong as you didn't !!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i know im just real worried she means the world to me im pleased with hoe she is doing though she having a nice rest hopefully that will help does any1 no of any food that will feed her up well as well dont want her being to skinny

1 - 20 of 101 Posts