Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all who have Park Avenue Harnesses:

Designer dog harness, small dog harness, dog walking harness. - Boys

Can you please let me know how well they wash up and whether the coat oils, grime & dirty marks come out in a normal cold or warm wash?

Also, has anyone experienced colour run in any of the cotton fabrics?

How often would you wash yours, and does it look decidedly washed out or still fairly pristine?

Once you've given me you experiened answers, I think I may just lash out & buy x 3, seeing as how I just saved nearly $1,000 on spaying & neutering x 3 :D

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
No idea, Dee. But I just ordered one last night for Gemma. Hoping to be satisfied with it. Congratulations on the major savings. I just found out spays in Sweden cost $700 to $1000. My reaction was "HOLY $H*T!" I'm from the US, so I had no idea spays would even be more than $300 or $400. Now I have three months to cry about it before I break my bank. :D

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea, Dee. But I just ordered one last night for Gemma. Hoping to be satisfied with it. Congratulations on the major savings. I just found out spays in Sweden cost $700 to $1000. My reaction was "HOLY $H*T!" I'm from the US, so I had no idea spays would even be more than $300 or $400. Now I have three months to cry about it before I break my bank. :D
Well, I really wanted to go to a Holistic Vet who's much closer for the spaying/neutering but holy hell, they want $45 for each & every tooth they pull - my regular, dusty, 'ol Professor, "Aww, if there's a lot between the three of them, ummm, say $10 extra" - that's for all dogs regardless of number!

Both vets use the "quick recovery" anaesthetic gas. I'm going to stick with the Prof, it's standard procedure to give antibiotics whilst under the anaesthetic to prevent infection so they'll be covered against his dust lmao.

Like I said, I found the easiest way was to email around 10 different clinics and consider their responses and prices - don't be too alarmed, the first quote I got was $1,476,00 just for 2 of the pups, they were just idiots! You'll find a great vet for less, try a small village, middle aged woman!

This amused me from the Holistic Vet .... I bet they all sleep with cloves of garlic around their necks at night to keep the vampires away bless them :toothy8: I'm only teasing 'coz I don't have a heathly, naturopathic lovin', greenie, tree-hugging bone in my body ... in childbirth all I could do was hiss, akin to the Exorcist movie apparently, according to those whom I needed to apologise to, "Drugs, give me drugs, NOOOOOOOOW!!!"

We can also offer you 'Young Living's' essential oil Thieves, which is what we use here when ever any of our staff or clients get a bite or scratch. We have found we no longer have needed antibiotics when using this oil on wounds, despite bites from our furry friends being high in bacteria, etc.

Information from Young Living: Thieves® was created based on research about four thieves in France who protected themselves with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing plague victims. This proprietary blend was university tested and found to be highly effective fortifying defenses. Ingredients: Clove (Syzygium aromaticum), lemon (Citrus limon), cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum), Eucalyptus radiata and rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis CT 1,8 cineol).

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I'm definitely hoping we can find a better price. $500 wouldn't be so bad if my boyfriend will split it with me. I don't know if there's any sort of vouchers you can apply for like in the US and UK or any kind of aid we can get for it, but I heard Sweden actually banned spays and neuters at one point, so I kind of feel like they aren't really all 100% for spaying/neutering to benefit the health of the animal. One of the hospital websites I was looking at said they will almost always only spay after the first heat cycle because it is recommended. Uh, thought the whole point was to get it done before the first heat to eliminate the risk of cancers. If I'm paying them $700, damn right I want it done before the first heat. The animal hospital near us doesn't even seem to offer dog spays??? Only neuters. Sweden is whack. If they won't do the surgery before Gemma's first heat, I'm not paying Sweden a dime. I'll take her back to the US with me in the winter and have her spayed at the clinic I used to work at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts