Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Well we got our first parvo case for the summer. A cute 8wk old chocolate lab female named Dakota.
I am going to be in charge of her when I am working...yikes :shock: They are starting to put me into doing treatments because one of the techs who does treatments is going to be having a baby within the next month and I guess I am going to replace her.
Yesterday Dakota was looking really good but I was told with Parvo that they can be good one day and flat out the next. I have a feeling this is going to be a pretty nerve-wracking day. I have never really seen the effects of Parvo so this will be a learning experience. I really hope this little pup survives...I will be heartbroken if she doesnt make it.
I sure hope I can remember all the rules when working with her. She is in isolation and we have buckets of parvo solution we have to step into when we enter and leave the room. I also have to get all gowned up and use special garbage and laundery bags.
I am going to bring a change of cloths with me so I dont wear my scrubs back home. I know my dogs are vaccinated but I am paranoid :wink:
Wish me luck today and keep little Dakota in your prayers...her mom is so worried about her.
-Jessica

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
aw pull through sweet dakota!

i had to bring a change of clothes when we had that real bad parvo pup were i worked. so that is a good idea.

·
Registered
321 Posts
OMG bless your heart i have the most respect for people who care for the sick ( people or animals) I beat you'll do fine cause you care enough to take your time to post about him. give him love for me. I will say a prayer for Dakota and you.

·
Registered
321 Posts
:wave: Its sunday i was wondering how you and Dakota was getting along I keep checking thread to see if you have posted. Im still praying for you both. I dont know why but i keep thinking of Dakota i sure hope he pulls thrue. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts