Chihuahua People Forum banner

Paw Wax?

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  LaceyGirl 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried a paw wax product with their Chi(s)? Or, even doggy socks with the grips on them? Lacey's always sliding around on the linoleum floor, and she won't walk to the pee pad in the kitchen without my assistance because of it. She just goes on the rug when my back is turned. :foxes15:

Anyway, the other reason I ask, is because we're moving upstairs to a better apartment. The new apartment has all hardwood floors, which are very slippery, even for me. I know if she has trouble on the floors down here, she (and the ferrets) are going to have a heck of a time getting around safely upstairs.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Johanna, my Pom used to be like that, what helped is tough love and keeping
her nails extremely short. If you don't want to do the tough love thing you could
always put down a couple of area rugs for her majesty. ;)
Oh, we already have little area rugs on the floor, but they slide around too........no way to make them stay put with the ferrety "fursnakes" burrowing under them. Now that Lacey's seen the carpets "move on their own", she thinks they're going to do that if she walks on 'em. Haha

ps: Congrats on the better apartment! Woohoo, I'm happy for you! :)
The new apartment should be a little bit quieter (will be nice not having my door slammed into by accident by shopping bags and such...will also be nice not to have my walls shake every time someone slams the outside door) The layout is better, too. It's about the same size as my current one, but we'll have a kitchen with counters and cabinets! Right now, we have about 12" of counter space and one cabinet. I can't wait to have space to make cupcakes!
My landlord's also knocking a wall down in the new apartment so we'll have more closet space! WOOO!

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Sounds great! I use to live in an apartment from hell, for 7 looooong years, so I
can relate to the shaky walls and loud annoying neighbors. You picked a great
time to move, nice weather, great for spring cleaning! ;)

ps: I love ferrets, but your moving carpets freaked me out! lol I'm not coming
over until all of the area rugs are gone, so I could see what or who I'm walking
on! lol :lol:
I've been planning to move upstairs since the white trash moved out of that apartment back in NOVEMBER. My landlord has a tax office, and the apartment's being used as a breakroom of sorts right now. As of May 1, the apartment should be mine as long as the closet project is done. :D
It's a quick and easy move. Just dragging everything up about....12 stairs. I just really cannot wait to have storage space. Right now, I have half a closet (other half has the building's water heater {which is rather annoying because when anyone does laundry, it sounds like a waterfall is in my bedroom!}) and that one cupboard in the kitchen. I'm ashamed to have company over because there's so much stuff lying around on the floor and furniture as there is no place to put things away.

ANYWHO:
Well, as long as the ferrets are in their cage, the carpets are safe and planted. Hehehe If they're out, I just tell everyone to shuffle their feet and that way, no one gets stepped on. ;) I can't even have a proper sofa because they crawl inside the cushions and dig holes in furniture. I have a fairly comfortable futon, though!

Discussion starter · #8 ·
How big are your current and new place? (if you don't mind me asking)
I'm curious because I live in a very small space too.
My current apartment used to be one big room (it was part of a muffin and coffee shop! lol). I don't know the square footage, but it's TEENY! There is a "utility kitchen" (stove with above microwave and a sink with the 12" counter). The floor space for the kitchen in only about 3ft by 4 ft, and it's all taken up by Lacey's "jail cell". I just run a gate from wall to wall and it's a magical doggy pen. haha
My bedroom is long, but not terribly wide. The living room is a decent size; same length as the bedroom, but wider. The bathroom is tiny.

I actually have a video of the new apartment before it was painted and before the new stove was brought in. I will go hunt down the link. :) It'll give you an idea of the size of the current one, too that way!

Discussion starter · #9 ·
I'm sacrificing the small bathroom I have now, for an even smaller one. I'm also getting half the bedroom space. It's worth it, though, to have an actual kitchen, a better living room space, cupboards, closets, and NO CARPETS.
This video makes the place look like a dump. I assure you, it's much nicer now. The video was taken after the white trash moved out. They left the place in shambles. It is now painted a light light sage green and the same pumpkin-like orange of my current apartment. I've grown to like the odd orange walls over the past year. There's a shiny new stove and new microwave, the door was painted, and it's all CLEAN. I'll be sure to post a video once we're settled in so you can see what a difference the paint and such made.
I'm still trying to figure out how my rent is going up $100 when I'm actually getting less space, but whatever. Oh, did I mention my neighbor currently controls my heat and air conditioning? Extra bonus of moving upstairs is that I will have control of it. THANK GOODNESS.
**LINK**
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5966/hxu.mp4

Discussion starter · #11 ·
I tried paw wax years ago with twig she won't walk on wood floor our flat was completely wood floors and now the downstairs of our house is, we have rugs everywhere so she can walk about....it's frustrating cuz I know she can walk on it as she walks from the lounge rug through the hallway when we are going out just won't the rest of the time...the paw wax didn't make any difference for her
Good to know. I may try the socks with her, then, if I can find some small enough. She likes having her feet covered by things, so she may leave them on :)

Discussion starter · #14 ·
I am so happy for you. You must live in Boston. I live in Norwood, south of Boston. I could not imagine not controlling my heat and A/C!!
Good luck with your new apartment. I'm sure this is one move you will be smiling with each step!!
I'm in West Bridgewater; I've heard of Norwood, but I can't say I've been there!
Thanks for the well wishes. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.