Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Peanut to the vet for his second round of shots. Before we left my hubby found a little thing on him that look like a wheat seed. My hubby explained to the vet what he found and the vet said that it was a tape worm. I have no idea how Peanut would of even gotten a tape worm :( so the vet gave him some medicine for it.

My questions is Has anyone here experienced this and is there any home remendies to prevent him from getting one again?

Thanks
Melissa

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Dogs/Puppies can be regularly wormed to help this! every 2 weeks upto 12 weeks of age, then every 3 months to a year of age then every 6 months after that! Your vet can recommend the best womer for Peanut!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Dogs can often get tapeworm from ingesting fleas. Whenever ours get tapeworm we just give them a tape wormer and all's well. :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Lola came to us with a tapeworm. Her vet gave her an injection and it cleared it right up. And yes, ingesting fleas is how it happens.:mad:

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Dogs/Puppies can be regularly wormed to help this! every 2 weeks upto 12 weeks of age, then every 3 months to a year of age then every 6 months after that! Your vet can recommend the best womer for Peanut!
You and i are always on the same wave lengthe.. bizarre!!!

Make sure you regularly worm.. i have worming and defleaing as i like to call it in my diary so i don't ever forget!!!

You can get an all in one prescribed by your vet.. my vet thought that advocate would be best for Daisy it covers EVERYTHING and is a case of just squirting it on the back of her neck and lasts for a month!

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
You and i are always on the same wave lengthe.. bizarre!!!

Make sure you regularly worm.. i have worming and defleaing as i like to call it in my diary so i don't ever forget!!!

You can get an all in one prescribed by your vet.. my vet thought that advocate would be best for Daisy it covers EVERYTHING and is a case of just squirting it on the back of her neck and lasts for a month!
haha just thought id add my information for reference for anyone who didnt know lol!
Ive tried the flea & wormer combined but havent had much success with them personally.

For any breeders on here or people with puppies i recently boguth a bottle of Drontol from the pet store and have had really good results with it! Its a 50ml bottle and is 1ml to 1 kg. Is a new formula coloured reddy/pink and was arouun £15. It lasts for 8 weeks once opened i think and its good for puppies from birth to a year :) Hope this helps some people!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts