Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like such a bad mummy :(

On Christmas eve, we were enjoying our dinner and so was Daisy. When she finished, she was wondering around the house and went out the room, which was fine because she's allowed to go wherever she wants in our house.

She was gone for a while. So I went to find her and she was up on a table eating from a bowl of peanuts! I grabbed her and took her to my family, who calmed me down and said that she should be okay, she eats peanut butter, she hasn't choked, so just keep an eye on her.

Well on boxing day, she pooped as normal, but there was (sorry) undigested peanuts in it. So I thought at least she's passing them now.

She is now still passing some every now and then. Even though it's quite a few days later.

Then just now she vomited, (Which she does very occasionly - when she's hungry) and there were another 2 in the stomach bile.

I haven't taken her to the vet because they're is nothing actually wrong with her, she's eating, drinking and playing as normal.

So should I just keep my eye on her and it'll stop? Or should I do something? :(

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
If it were me, I'd just keep watching her. Since you said she's not showing any other signs, and is otherwise eating/drinking/behaving normally I wouldn't be too concerned yet. As long as her poops are still solid; and she has a good appetite, I'd just keep an eye on her. You can give her a tiny bit of canned pumpkin which can help ease her tummy, but if her poops are normal I'm not sure what else it would do. Keep us updated!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Hang in there, this should pass....no pun intended! :)

My hubby will share his peanuts on occasion (to which I always scold him for the reason you mentioned...they come out whole) and they are always ok. If she ate a lot, it might just take a bit longer to get rid of them.

I agree with the pumpkin idea (my 1st go to for anything tummy wise) as it might make them pass easier and quicker as well as calm the tummy.

Good luck:):)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou, both of you. I don't know where I'd get canned pumpkin round here, but I'll def look for some if this carries on much longer. Thanks girls :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Our poppy is always eating peanuts. Our neighbour hangs a bird feeder of them in her tree which hangs over our garden!! Every morning our garden is full of them & poppy just about flies down there to eat them every morn! They always come out whole later & she has never had any adverse reactions or troubles!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts