Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok maybe a stupid question to ask but I have no idea and never will if I don't ask.

At companion shows in the pedigree class I know the dog does not have to be KC registered but does your boy dog have to be entire?

Thanks

Deme x

·
Registered
881 Posts
I think its a major fault if he isn't not a disqualification, from what I understand you can still show a spayed bitch at champ shows with a letter from the KC (only if its a medical reason), so I guess its the same with a male? And I'm sure companion shows would be more relaxed.

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
yes u can show a male with approval from the KC if they have been neutered but i would have thought most judges would class this as a fault as according to the standard they are supposed to be entire....so as regards companion shows I would think the pedigree classes are supposed to be judged like breed classes so it probably would put a neutered male at a disadvantage if they weren't entire

·
Registered
881 Posts
It wouldn't be wasting time, you could see it as practice for when you get a show dog. It will also teach him a lot about being obedient and you never know what other dogs are going to be in the ring.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Yeah deffo, its good practice, that's how I started with taking baby in. the really she should have never of gotten placed. we have over 80 rosettes from last summer and she got best in show. So u never know what the judge likes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts