Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i have one when i first brought it home i put little pieces of cheese all over it and let my chis sniff and nibble the cheese off of it. Now when they see the pedipaws they get very excited. When it came down to actually turning it on and doing their paws i let them lick on some deep frozen doggie ice cream. They actually did not fight it one little bit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
We got one of those, but it doesn't work well for us. It works very slowly, and we're sitting there forever waiting for it to file down. The pups don't like waiting that long and they get all antsy!! lol... too bad. I really like the idea!

·
Registered
734 Posts
My chi tries to bite the pedipaws because of the noise it makes ! I am going to have to end up taking her back to vet to trim up nails other way ! I think Pedipaws was meant for bigger breeds of dogs , smaller breeds don't like to it very much!

·
Registered
62 Posts
My vet, said they tried a few brands and he said he did not like htem as the dogs refused ot sit still for long periods of time to get a trim.
chichilady

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I picked one up at a Menards where we live for like $8.99. It works but no matter what I use Venus fights with me when I do her nails. But thats another story....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I find clip the nails first then use the pedi paws to file the edges...give him a treat and turn it on so he gets used to the soundas well

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
That is a great price..thanks for the link ! Our pedi-paws took some adjusting..I removed the plastic "guide" to get around the little paws, if the batteries are new you get a faster result obviously. Rico hates any nail stuff really and we have it all, different clippers and files. This took some working to be effictive but it does work. My pup just isn't cooperative about nail--however he knows that he isn't the one in charge so there !

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I use a dremel tool I got at harbor freight on sale for $11. It's a rotary tool that comes with a bunch of head and attachments. It plugs is so no batteries and is very powerful. I just touch it to Brody's nails and it takes off a good portion. Much easier to use than a pedipaws, but the same concept. I'll never clip nails again after using a dremel! :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
My Pedi Paws came today and I got on really well with is, as did Fern :) I much prefer this than the idea of clipping the nails and accidentally clipping the quick. It files down the nails well and Fern got used to it real quick (after rewarding with fresh chicken) ;) By the time I was on the fourth paw she had just about fell to sleep lol.
I definitely recommend the Pedi Paws if you have a laid back dog who will let you sit with them for 5 or 10 mins and do each paw.
Also, the technique takes a little bit of getting used to but once you build up your confidence and get the technique right you'll be well away :) I already know I won't be going back to the vets again to get Fern's nails clipped ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts