Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering is it possible to teach a dog who is like 1.5 to use a pee pad again? I bring Lola with me and i stay at a friends house she refuses to go outside i ll put her out there and she will just cry at the door because there is no path in the snow which is understandable she is tiny and the snow is very deep so i wanted to know if i could retrain her??

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I would imagine you can, but you might have to get a pen and have her spend allll her time in it till she pees, kind of like crate training, have a bed and a potty pad in there and water, and have her hang out there til she gets the hang of it again.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would imagine you can, but you might have to get a pen and have her spend allll her time in it till she pees, kind of like crate training, have a bed and a potty pad in there and water, and have her hang out there til she gets the hang of it again.
sounds like a good plan to me :) Love your new siggy btw :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Oh and praise praise praise praise so she knows you want her to go there! I say when working on positive peeing, praising without catching her in the act of will still work. The smell is there, and she'll get the point that that smell is good there, and that's where you want it!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
i did it with Honey when she was about 4 years old, so yes it is possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts