Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just a little while ago I had Hershey out of his pen running around and playing like crazy. Some of the cats are now playing with him and he just loves it. Anyway, I have wee wee pads laying in a couple different places for Hersh, though he's never used them out of his pen. BUT, tonight he did!!! :D I was walking by and saw him peeing right on one of the pads I have out. I was overjoyed! Maybe he is starting to get it? Maybe it was just luck? I dunno, but I was thrilled just the same. He is still pooping where ever he takes a notion, but we will get there. There is tons of time. He is so young I never expected him to use a pad out of his pen yet. :flower:

He has however discovered the poop in the cats litter box though. :( I'm having a time keeping him out of it. I tried to put a gate in front of it and just enough room for the cats to get in to it, but he is so little, he can still access it. Hmmmm.... what to do, what to do.... :scratch:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
yay hershey :D

i had that problem too with the litter box , but everytime they would get near the box i would slap the box ,so it would make a loud noise :lol: they never go near it again :wink:

kisses nat

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
:hello1: Yay Hershey!!!! You rock!!!!! :headbang: Keep up the good work!

I'm surprised he went in the cat box instead of taking something FROM the cat box ... cat poops are like little doggie tootsie rolls and I used to find them all over my house.

A covered cat box really helps with keepin the little fellas out, too. You may also want to get a horn or something that makes a startling sound and use it when he gets in the box. That might be a nice alternative to having to get down by the box.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
YAY HERSHEY.. go hershey go hershey go!! :happy7:

You the dog :grommit: '

Roie and Scoot

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cooper said:
:A covered cat box really helps with keepin the little fellas out, too. You may also want to get a horn or something that makes a startling sound and use it when he gets in the box. That might be a nice alternative to having to get down by the box.
I think I'll try the horn idea. Or something that will make a sound like that. Then maybe I could teach Him that if he hears that noise, he is doing a "no-no". LoL :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hershey,

Cocoa and I are thrilled at the fact you made it to the wee wee pad, and I know your mama is very proud of ya also.

Jennie cocoasmama

·
Registered
60 Posts
my dog loves cat krunchies(poop) at my mom'm she is always trying to get at them. next time im there im gonna lift the litter on to a small coffee table out in the back room, see if she will jump on that ( the little jumping shrimp )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts