Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What has everyone used for the pee stains on the rug? I have a spot cleaning machine, but sometimes the yellow stain remains. My new puppy has a couple spots that I cannot seem to keep her from going back to. I have read to use vinegar for the smell, but have not tried that yet. It is supposed to remove the smell so the dog cannot smell the spot anymore. I have tried Natures Miracle and numerous other products (I have a Yorkie who has peed for years until I got him a diaper) and nothing keeps the dog from going back. Short of getting all new carpet, does anyone have anything that has worked? My new puppy seems to be slow to learn. Unless she is in the room with the litter box (and even sometimes if she is) she will use the carpet. I had a litter box in the kitchen on the border of the livingroom/kitchen and I moved it because I really want her to go in the laundry room, that was only temporary till she got bigger and could FIND the laundry room. Well....she goes where the box USED to be. It is very frustrating...and my carpet is getting ruined. Any help with cleaning advice and also training advice would be greatly appreciated. She is three months old and we have had her for four weeks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
oh my gosh, use Folex instant carpet spot remover. it works for EVERYTHING! its a great investment. I love it and it works great for us.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I just got a big container of OUT it is made from the same company that makes some of the potty pads.. I tested it on a spot on my wool rug and to my amazement it came clean...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have heard of out, but where can I find Folex. I have tried so many things...do these REALLY work to where the dogs don't smell it either?? I know that may be impossible....but...

·
Registered
101 Posts
folex is my life savor. Ya'll have no idea. We got it when we got gypsy, obviously and I just went crazy sparying every spot I came across, and voila it came up! :D :D :D This made me a very happy camper, because I had a year old grape juice spill and this stuff pulled it up.. it says it works on blood!!

I would really reccomend trying it i'm almost out and i've only had it for nearly a week and a half. You can buy it at almost any grocery store.

good luck

·
Registered
109 Posts
i just spray fantastic on it the carpet and scrub with a paper towell the pee stains come right out and i have white carpet upstairs

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked at Meijer ( I'm in Michigan) and didn't see it in household cleaners OR pet cleaners. Is it availabe at Pet stores too? what about Wal Mart. I have never heard of it, so am wondering if it is a local product.

I have never tried the Fantastic on the rug. I can try that right away since i have that on hand.

Just a note about my frustration with the puppy:
I just returned home after being gone a couple hours. I put the puppy in the laundry room and she laid down on the floor as if to sleep. So I figured she must not need to go, since she it waiting longer in between going. Not two minutes after I got in my kitchen did she go and have diarrhea (sp?) on my kitchen expensive braided rug!!!!! :evil:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Fantastic or Resolve or anything like that is actually the worst thing you can use on a rug or carpet. I've never heard of Folex so I don't know about that one. My brother used to clean carpets for a company and he told me that. I guess that in the short term, it makes it look clean but in the long run, it actually ends up trapping dirt so it will get even dirtier than before. He said the best carpets cleaners have enzymes in it. Also he said if you don't have any sort of carpet cleaner on hand, the best thing you can do is just use soap and water. Now I don't think just soap and water will get rid of odors, but I read somewhere that vinegar gets rid of them. At my house, and we have brand new carpet, we clean the spot with soap and water, then dilute vinegar and spray it on there. Seems to work great for me :)

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Tha out is made of Bacterial enzyme solution. it says it removes stains and odors naturally.....

I used it a couple times already it it worked great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts