Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an altercation with Kali.. let me explain..

She went in two spots on the bed. Me and my guy had had some adult time earlier and she went right where we had been. The sheets were due for a wash anyways.. and I Borax'ed the bed (BEST STUFF for wet spots!!) so that wasn't an issue.

This is her first accident in months.. but I don't think it was an accident. I had just given her a new chew and she dragged it onto the bed, looked straight at me and peed once and ran to another spot and peed again all while looking right at me. After 30 seconds of shock I grabbed her scruff, smacked her bum once while growling "NO" and put her in crate.

She isn't fixed, but neither is she in heat. (I wanted to have her fixed months ago but was talked out of it due to size. Bah.) Other then this, she's been a little good dog for a long while. I'm going to have to de-crate her in a few minutes.. it's too hot to leave her in there for more then 15 minutes but I'm still irked at her...

So, female dog experts.. why did my little female-dog do this? I'm thinking it was the smells from us.. but she doesn't normally do this. What would cause this? How can I prevent this?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
She was marking where you marked you might say.
I used to have a persian tomcat.
My X would pee in the shower/tub.
Everytime he did this my cat would poo in the tub.
They are very tuned into our scents/hormones.
She was probably confused by yours.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why I was confused by this as she has never done this and we are.. um.. active? I really don't want to be gross! LOL

I thought that as well, but wouldn't she do this every time then?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the thing... She has never done this before. She has had ample chance to. At least three times a week she has the chance to. She never has. Hence my confusion.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm... No clue on that one. As far as I know we're the same?

It was just out of charecture for her. I'm just going to try to keep her off the bed for a few days and drag the big crate out of the basement for nights. Haven't used that since we housebroke her. (She was in her old travel crate.) No real harm done, but I won't have a bed peer. She'll just have to learn this FAST. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts