Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blue is just over a yr old now. For the most part he goes outside or on a pee pad. However, sometime during the night he'll get up and pee on our dining room area rug. We bought this rug new just after moving into the house, so I can't understand why he keeps peeing on it.

Does anyone have any ideas on the cause or what we can do to prevent it.

Thanks for your help.

Cathy

·
Registered
127 Posts
My suggestions:

-Keep him in a crate at night.

OR

-Keep him in a small area that has a puppy pad next to it. (Like in a playpen or in a small room, etc.)

AND

-Put all water away 2 hours before bed time. Make sure he uses the bathroom before bed time.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Roxy was in her crate at night for about the first year until she was potty trained. Put a pee pad on the rug where he pees. Good Luck

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He used to be really good. I don't want to put a pee pad there because I feel like it's just enforcing the bad behavior - he also has a habit of missing it. The pee pad is only about 10 ft from this rug and he does go there during the day. It's only at night that he gets up and pees on the rug.

I don't want to have to crate him again for the night - I might just shut the bedroom door and hopefully he'll scratch when he has to go out. I just hope he doesn't start peeing on the bedroom rug.

Thanks for the advice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts