Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dillon has been peeing a lot more since he got that injection today at the vets for the anal gland inflamation.
He normally uses the pads 9 times out of 10, but so far he has just went wherever he was standing at the time.
Poor wee soul was even wet when i picked him up after a sleep on the floor at my feet.
Not a big puddle there or anything but i knew he had leaked a wee bit.
My vet didnt say this was a side effect, but have read online that is quite common.
Anyone else had this experience?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Yes, when Brody was on prednisone for his eye problem he peed all the time. It's a common side effect. Hopefully it will wear off shortly for little Dillon.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Yes, steroids commonly make them drink and pee more among other things. Zoey is my little pee body on days she gets her steroids (every 3rd day) it drives me batty sometimes, but she does hit the pad 95% of the time.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Tracy and Kitty.
Yeah, i just wish my vet had mentioned this was a common side effect cause it made me worry more about him, as i do anyhow. lol

Anyway, he is doing fine bless him.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, steroids commonly make them drink and pee more among other things. Zoey is my little pee body on days she gets her steroids (every 3rd day) it drives me batty sometimes, but she does hit the pad 95% of the time.
Awww bless her.
I have heard they can also make them more hungry, but Dillon loves his food anyway so hard to tell that part. lol x

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Terri, Lexie takes Prednisone when her allergies flare, and she urinates more as well when she's on them. I hope your sweet baby boy feels better soon. :)

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Therese and T, he is still peeing like a racehorse today, drinking a lot more though. lol
His bum doesnt seem to be bothering him thankfully. xx

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aw poor sweetie, I hope he feels better soon. Give him a kiss for me. x

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Yes it can make them pee like that he is just fine.Good time to try and train him lol

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Oh lord, Bryco got a steroid shot in the midst of his crazy puppy poop days and boy did he ever pee. It was like...CONSTANT. And quite honestly I don't think he had much control. One time he literally peed 7 times in under 1/2 hour (I know because he was at my office with me and so I was watching him pretty closely). I think it wore off after about a week, or maybe 2, but the shots are in their system for a good 3 weeks. It definitely tried my patience, but did help with the issues he was having atm. I hope little Dillon feels better soon -- very soon!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh man that long? lol
Ah well if it does him good i am not bothered.
I catch him most of the time.
He is getting better at going on the pads, it's just now and then he will pee wherever he is. haha!!
Luckily i have all laminate flooring so can clean it easlily.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts