Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a little touble with Callie. At four months old she is trained for piddle pad.... mostly. She still has a tendency, every once in a while, to pee on the side of the pad. In order to counter this (and to make things generally cleaner) I put her pad in a litter box. It is so much neater, but about once a day Callie still pees on the side. Does anyone have any advice on how to train her to use the litter box consistently? We're going home to my mothers for christmas and I desperatly want her to give a good impression to my neat freak mom!

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
you need to just lift her up and place her in the middle of the pad when tyou see her do it and then praise her and give her a treat or some fuss :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh she does use it most of the time (at first she wouldn't step foot in it but I got out the bacon treats and fixed that!) It just these occasional accidents that I can't seem to stop. Her pad is in the adjoining room so I must admit It is my fault that I don't see her do it and I am going to try and watch her like a hawk. Maybe I'll move it into this room for the time being.. guess I'm just looking for everyone elses perspective on this... and any tips!

·
Registered
170 Posts
My mil suggested putting down a vinyl shower curtain cut a little bigger than the pads. I bought a box for Pip too cause he did the same thing, but he would not use it. So, we just put the pads back on the carpet and we take him outside more-occasionaly we miss and he goes on the pad but that is what it is for. WE keep it clean too, we found if there is urine in the middle he tends to go to the side, so we change it or turn it so the peed spot isn't near where he goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts