Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we never had a problem with marley peeing when she got really excited but just recently in the past month or so everytime my boyfriend or i comes home she gets sooo excited if we go to touch her or pick her up she pees everywhere....does anyone know what causes this? or why it happens? Im assuming there is no way to stop it other than ignoring her for a few minutes while she calms down.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Leila did this and she still does but not as bad. She's a year old too. :(
What I do is when i approach her in her pen in the morning I am very calm and don't greet her or have excitement in my voice and when she is on top of her potty pad I will then pet her and put her leash on and we go outside to potty immediately. It's usually when she's been "holding it" that it happens for us. She has a potty pad in her pen but she likes to potty outside the most.
I think they grow out of it and least somehwhat.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Mia has always done this. When we get home we usually take her out in the garage (the door we've just come through) before we speak to her/pet her. That way she does it outside vs in the house.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First rule out any UTI's since this has started out of the blue. Next make sure you do not greet her immediately when you come in and when you do greet her do it on a more laid back basis and not in excitement.

Here is a link to where some were having this discussion the other day ;-)
http://www.chihuahua-people.com/chi-chat/60217-impulse-control-games.html
thanks for mentioning the UTI thing i didnt even think of that although I dont think she has one...I think this really started becoming an issue after she got spayed......could the surgery have affected anything?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts