Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all.... its been quite a long time since nate and i were on so hello and i hope everyone is doing great....

unfortunately nate is having some peepee troubles which means i am not getting much sleep! not that you could tell by his behavior... as always he is a bouncing baby boy and happy as can be. but nonetheless, he is going pee every hour or so and at almost a year old he should def be able to hold it longer than that! i took him to the vet today and he was doing the exam and when he started feeling around down by his winkie, nate let out this yelp! so the vet did an x-ray and we are starting him on an antibiotic (just in case there is a UTI present... nate was non-compliant this morning with regards to getting a sample. every time i went to put the container under him he would stop peeing or turn around! lil' stinker!). i won't know the x-ray results till monday and i have to drop off a urine sample on monday, too.

so everyone cross your fingers its not a bladder stone or anything else and it is just a UTI!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
well a uti would explain why hes peening so much.
is he wee wee pad trained or does he only pee outside?
if hes peepee pad trained if you can get to the pad immediatly after him peeing you can ring a little out, and it souldnt be contaminated. or just be consisted with the pan.

good luck, fingeres crossed!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks leeseebat! there is no need to encourage your nephew to pee on me! keep it up and next time you visit i'll make sure he has a gallon of water before you get to my place and i'll have him meet you on the porch! ha! so there! LOL.... lil' stinker slept on my chest last night so he was def feeling the affects of going to the vet... but he is much better today his usual maniac self!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts