Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does he not look like a chihuahua? His papers say chihuahua,although they also say (unreg.) Does that mean he is a mix?
Please help,I know nothing about this stuff.:confused:

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
It's hard to tell from your avatar what he really looks like.

The fact he is unregistered doesn't mean he isn't a chihuahua. Many chihuahuas are unregistered.

See if you can post some pictures of him - upload them to photobucket.com, then click on share and you will see a variety of codes, pick the one that begins with IMG and then click and paste that link in to your post.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
People are stupid.. i got asked what Daisy was and i said a Chihuahua and then i got but she's fluffy... so had to tell them she was long haired and i got told that meant she wasn't a chihuahua so told them to look at the kennel club and shhhh i find it quite insulting when they're adament they're not and they blatantly look like one!!

Daisy is unregistered.. don't worry about it, it doesn't bother me, i'm not showing her and not breeding her so i don't need a piece of paper that says my dog is a chihuahua!

Post pics i want to see!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
yeah i had someone argue with me there was no such thing as a long coat chihuahua when i first got Twig years ago...still get asked occasionally what mine are not so much since ive had B but even a lady who was walking a chi asked me if they were poms when B was about 4 months and had his fluffy baby coat

It doesnt automatically mean his a mix because hes not reg, just means his parentage cant be proven (as generation after generation are registered with the KC)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
People argue with me all the time and say there isnt a long coat chi and I got duped. They always tell me either I have a Pom or a Pap and Chibi looks nothing like either of those breeds, LOL! Everybody's an expert on everything, I have considered carrying books around with me on Dane colors and Long coat chihuahuas just so I can show them when they run their mouths. I have a lot of people tell me that I was ripped off because my Dane that I show in AKC conformation is a Dalmation mix, LMAO!! :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
LOL Glad its not just me with the long coat issue then.. People are muppets.. i'm going to get a tshirt saying i'm a longcoat hahahahaha

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Maybe have one made that say "Yes, I am a Long Coat chihuahua, and yes we do exist and before opening your mouth and sounding stupid maybe read a breed book or go online and do some research or even visit a show ;-) "

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Some people are just really dense or highly confused.

My mother in law has a perfect looking purebred long coat chihuahua with titles and so many people think he's a Pomeranian. I expect I'll probably get similar comments once I have Glory with me since she's also a purebred long coat chi.

But the worst question I've ever been asked was a lady who came up to me and asked if Dakota (my purebred Siberian husky) was an Australian Shepherd dog. Uh what?!?! :nshocked2: I should have said "Yes, he is". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Oh I get the "but I've never seen a Chihuahua THAT color before..." all the time. :tard: What really got me is this lady at Dollar Tree tell me she didn't like Marleys color but my black one would be ok. Whatever! I could have smacked that woman!! Blue is one of my favorites! LOL

·
Registered
809 Posts
Not a chihuahua but my youngest border collie, Sol, who is 3 years old is a red merle with big prick ears and freakish golden eyes. When she's really focused on something she looks kinda feral and scary. I think 1 person has recognized her for a border collie (outside of the dog show world). She has been an australian shepherd, a wolf hybrid, coyote hybrid, a coyote, a dingo mix, etc, etc. I feel like wearing a tee shirt saying "Yes, she is a border collie, red merle, yes purebred." Frustrating!!

Here she is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We have been getting the same with Zoey-we bought her from a lady that said she was a Chiweenie-chi/dach mix-we couldn't have cared less what she was because she looks all chi to me and she was just "the right dog". People tend to stare more at us because we always have her is some sort of outfit and they find that more amusing than what she actually is.

We just tell people when they ask what she is "Why she is the perfect little dog-that is what she is!" They usually then get a totally stupid look on their face and walk off!

Here is a pic of Zoey!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Oh I get the "but I've never seen a Chihuahua THAT color before..." all the time. :tard: What really got me is this lady at Dollar Tree tell me she didn't like Marleys color but my black one would be ok. Whatever! I could have smacked that woman!! Blue is one of my favorites! LOL
Marley is gorgeous!! I love blues too!
A lot of people don't believe me when I say Maxx is a Chihuahua. They point to my other three and say "those are chihuahuas." This happens almost everytime we take the gang for a walk. Its so funny because Maxx has all the champions in his pedigree. Lol!
I live in California, so the smooth coats are more common here.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Yoshi's mum - Im gonna make a load hahahahahaha with different captions.. one saying i'm a long haired chihuahua and what, another saying do you want to see my pedigree dumb arse.. and watch it my mummy bites!!

Mchi's - seriously i would have said its lucky its not your dog.. and anyway i really think you ought to do something with your hair!!! HOW RUDE ARE SOME PEOPLE..

Chi's are really distinctive looking i'm thought most people would know what they are.. and after watching beverley hills chihuahua there are so many including long hairs in there so you'd think.. i just don't get it!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts