Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get ready to go somewhere I ask myself "can Miya come?"...Sadly, many places in Virginia Beach aren't pet friendly. It seems like the only places I can really take her are for short car rides or to the pet store, and of course parks and other outside activities. What kind of places are near you that are happy to have you bring your pup with you?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Home Depot. I even approved it at the service desk on the way in the door. They also have let me bring my German Shepherd.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I've taken mine into TJMAXX and MARSHALL'S before. One worker there even admired them and said what isle did you get her from?:D

·
Registered
354 Posts
I just found out that Ross department stores are pet-friendly (at least the one near us). When I asked whether I could bring my small dog they said as long as he was up in my arms or in a carrier it was fine, but they don't want people setting their dogs down in case they pee on something.

·
Registered
946 Posts
my hubby and I take ours just about everywhere! We do have some very nice nylon travel carriers that we use, so they can see out and get plenty of ventilation, but are discrete to the onlooker. We take them to outside restaurants (and have even discretely taken them in ;)), the grocery--just put the carrier in the cart like your hand bag, and a variety of retail stores from home improvement to the Apple/Mac store! Just don't make a big deal of it and make sure the pup is quiet/good mannered. :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
our little town here in kent is pretty dog friendly surprisingly
the only places they aren't allowed to go is the pharmacy and one of the big supermarket chains

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Home Depot and Lowes all allow pets in the US. I think home depot might have changed their policy in Canada after a shih tzu attacked an associate.

Kerri came and helped us pick out our fake Christmas tree on black Friday al Lowes. Also Bass Pro shops are all dog friendly unless they are in a mall that specifically stops them from being. We always take the dogs shopping for camping stuff over there. I like them cause they have a big sign on the way in that says "pets are always welcome at Bass Pro Shops" and the greeter usually has dog biscuits too.

I could probably get away with Kerri at a lot more places in her carrier that looks like a duffle bag, but then Copley, our bigger guy would be left home all alone. :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
bass pro shops, home depot, lowes, family video, tractor supply, feeder supply, orscheln farm and home store, parks, vets, car rides, kayaking down rivers including the ohio river.

the main 2 dogs i take out are kay-ak and alex. lilah is a bit unpredictable still around new people yet.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Banks let you take your dogs in. Also my local newsagents.
hmm some banks. I work at a bank and my boss flips if someone brings their dog in...very dumb I think...what's the dog going to do? as long as you're holding her/him or have her/him in a purse

·
Registered
53 Posts
I take gypsy everywhere too...the only places i dont is when i know we are gonna stop at a restaurant. then i leave her home...i noticed if you walk in like you do it everyday, and that its not a big deal then nobody cares or notices, but if you walk in like your guily and have something to hide then , to me , looks like its something you shouldn't be doing and might say somthing

·
Registered
25 Posts
hmm some banks. I work at a bank and my boss flips if someone brings their dog in...very dumb I think...what's the dog going to do? as long as you're holding her/him or have her/him in a purse
you have heard of cat burglars right? well that is just because dogs haven't been caught yet. :)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I've taken Taz in a few places that I think might not really allow dogs. I have a sling bag kind of thing that looks like a purse and she goes in there. Sticks her head out sometimes but she is very quiet. Sometimes people notice her and I just smile and wink and hold my finger over my lips as if to say shhhh.....LOL, one lady followed me outside the store so she could hold Taz.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Unfortunately not many places allow dogs here, but my dog carrier looks like a
nice purse, so 99% of the time no one bothers me. In 10 years that I had Kissa
my Pom, I was asked to leave only twice from a store. As for Chanel, barely
anyone notices Chanel's little head sticking out from the bag. With many it really
depends on who's working there that day, most people don't really care, even if
dogs aren't allowed, but at times there is one self righteous person to come and
remind us of "store policy", lol, so we just leave. It is super rare though.
And I never argue, I just apologize and say I didn't know. :sign3:
I never bring her to grocery stores, but pretty much everywhere else video stores, pharmacies, shops, malls, etc.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Do you have a picture of your purse? I've been looking for a carrier that looks more like a purse.
I can't post a picture right now, all of my photos are on a memory book thingy,
which is packed. We're moving very soon, so everything is in boxes. SORRY :(
But it is a black and gold Puppia carrier, I bought it about a year and a half ago,
it was really pricey, but so worth it. I wanted to buy it again, but in brown, but
they discontinued it. I'm now looking for something similar, but am finding it hard.
The Kwigy Bo brand makes some pretty good ones. I think that'll be my next
one. Once again not cheap, but I heard good things about them. Good luck on
your search! Sorry I wasn't much help.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I sooooo want a carrier that really looks like a purse!!!!!! I want to take finny out more places as he is soo miserable when i leave. Leila on the other hand doesn't mind it at all. lol
Oh no you can leave little Leila by her lonesome! You must find a carrier big enough for both!!! :D
I feel awful leaving the big boys home alone yet taking Chanel with me.
Too bad they don't have a carrier big enough for 60 pounds of dog!!! LOL
Because I can't take the boys I always bring them treats back, trying to suck up to them,lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts