Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, I found a pet insurance place, and now I am looking at the plans. Since you all are chi experts :D, which plan do you think would be best for me to get based on common chi health problems?

QuickCare First Program

Illness Coverage
Per incident, first time occurrence only
$ 500

Foreign Body Ingestion
An ingested foreign body needs to be surgically removed.
$ 1,000

Motor Vehicle Accident
Medical treatment for injuries resulting from any form of motor vehicle accident.
$ 1,000

Bone Fractures
Fractures not caused by a motor vehicle accident.
$ 1,000

Defined Poison Ingestion
$ 1,000

Laceration
Medical treatment for an accidental laceration such as cut pads or dog/cat bites.
$ 1,000

Burns
$ 1,000

Allergic Reaction to Insect Bites
$ 1,000

Recovery Cost (no deductible)
To pay for advertising or to offer a reward should your dog become lost or missing.
$ 150

Monthly Premium:
$ 10.95

Monthly Premium for Microchipped Pets:
$ 9.45

QuickCare Plus

Motor Vehicle Accident
Coverage amount is for each separate accident.
$ 2,000

Foreign Body Ingestion
An ingested foreign body needs to be surgically removed.
$ 2,000

Bone Fractures
Fractures not caused by a motor vehicle accident.
$ 2,000

Defined Poison Ingestion
$ 2,000

Laceration
Medical treatment for an accidental laceration such as cut pads.
$ 500

Burns
$ 500

Bite Wounds and Bite Wound Abscesses
$ 500

Allergic reaction to insect bites
$ 500

Illness
Coverage is for each of 6 separate illness categories:
•digestive •ear •eye •nervous system •infectious diseases
•cancer (malignant tumors)
$ 2,000

Accidental Death (no deductible)
If your pet should die from injuries as a result of an untreated accident, its original purchase price will be reimbursed, up to policy limit
$ 500

Monthly Premium:
$ 19.95

MasterCare Program

Accident - $ 75 deductible
Coverage amount is for each separate accident.
$ 2,500

Illness
Coverage amount is for each of 12 separate illness categories:
•cardiovascular & respiratory system •digestive system •urogenital system •musculoskeletal system •nervous system •eyes •ears •skin •endocrine system •blood & lymphoid system •infectious diseases •cancer (malignant tumors)
$ 3,000

Other - no deductible
Accidental Death
$ 500

Additional Living Expenses
$ 2,000

Boarding Kennel Fees
$ 250

Trip Cancellation
$ 500

Recovery Costs - To pay for advertising or to offer a reward should your cat become lost or missing.
Not Microchipped N/A
$ 200

Microchipped
$150

This plan costs about $35 a month, which is too pricey for a university student like me. But do you guys think that the second plan covers enough and is worth it :?:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I also have pet insurance - I got mine through my local bank who do insurance - maybe try your bank account as you usually also get a 10 or 15 % discount :wave:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I personally don't have pet insurance but really I think it is a good idea. So I don't have any good info. If your dog is AKC registered they have a pet insurance program that I got free for 6 months when I registered Auggie but luckily never had to use. They have info on their website.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I don't have pet isurance but have been thinking about it a lot.
We might really end up getting it someday.
I think it's a good idea.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I just recently purchased pet insurance for Gizmo & Piper. I insured them with Pet Care and selected the 70% coverage plan. It's $19.95/month for each of them, and they get a small discount for being microchipped. Out of all of the plans I researched, this seemed to be the best coverage for the money. There are several levels of coverage too.

http://www.petcareinsurance.com/us/index.asp

Is it worth it? After what we just went through with Gizmo, YES!, for me it is.
I never want to have to worry about not being able to afford any care that he may need. :(

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Im on Quick Care Share gold ?? I forget. The sooner you get them on the better. They will count ANY little thing as a pre-exsist condition which stinks and they wont cover certain things for a year. WATCH that though. I had to fight this co already with the help of my vet. Even if you dont have a vac certif they wont cover illness related to the vaccines. Read your policy well.............. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts