Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:? Hi...We just picked Pepe up from the breeder last week. So far everything has been going great. My question is about Pet Insurance. Is it worth it? also can anyone recommend an Insurer. Pepe is almost 11 weeks, and my husband and I are tossing this issue back and forth. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Are you in the US? If so, VPI (veterinary pet insurance) is not a bad thing to have. As a puppy, it is most useful since (hopefully) there are no pre-existing conditions, and the most accidents are likely to occur during this time. The one thing that might bother you about it is that unlike human medical insurance, they require you to pay up front to the veterinarian and then file a claim with the insurance company. You should be very careful and go through the fine print, deductables, and lists of procedures that are and are not covered by the insurance. If you are planning on using just for annual checkups and the like as a way to save money, it is not worth it. However, if you are thinking about having it as backup in case of emergency, it is definately worth it.

-Nate

1 - 2 of 2 Posts