Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has gotten there pup pet insurance? If so what insurance do you have, how much was it, and where did you get it from? I definitely want to make sure that my pup is taken care of.

Thanks,
Faith

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
i looked into it and found it wasn't really worth it for me. some love theirs though.
i'm with you on this one. all of the ones i looked at didn't cover vaccinations so i'm not bothering with it. (geez, i'm really addicted to the forum today :lol:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chico's Mama Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:47 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:

i'm with you on this one. all of the ones i looked at didn't cover vaccinations so i'm not bothering with it. (geez, i'm really addicted to the forum today )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pet insurance at Petsmart covers vaccinations. A good friend told us about it.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
i am considering cancelling mine, I was a tad disapointed when I submitted a claim they pay 70% AFTER everything which saves them money. I am scared to cancel though (does that make sense) in case there is a major expense ahead. They just raised their deductible too, what to do what to do :roll:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
That petsmart/banfied insurance looks very good to me, i'm really considering investing into it. for those who want the info on what this insurance covers and quote estimates here it is below:

Banfield Pet Insurance

Primary Package

$69.95 one time membership fee
$15.95 a month
- Annual Vaccines and Boosters
- Two Comprehensive Physical Exams
-Heartworm Test (dogs only)
-Feline Leukemia/Feline AIDS Tests (cats only)
-Two Intestinal Parasite Fecal Exams
-Annual Roundworm and Hookworm Dewormings
- Vaccine Warranty
- Free Office Calls/Physical Exams (during regular hours)
-Free Interstate Health Certificates

Basic Package

$19.95 a month
- Vaccine Warranty
-Blood Cell Count
-Microscopic Exam of Blood Cells
-Liver Screen
-Kidney Screen
-Pancreatic Screen
-Cholestrol Screen
-Diabetes Screen

Basic Plus Package

$27.95 a month
- Vaccine Warranty
-Blood Cell Count
-Liver Screen
-Kidney Screen
-Pancreatic Screen
-Cholestrol Screen
-Diabetes Screen
-Dentristry (prophylaxis & cleaning annually)
-General Anestesia for Dental
-Hospitalization for Dental
-Urinalysis
-Urine Sediment Exam

Optimum Package

$34.95 a month
- Vaccine Warranty
-Blood Cell Count
-Liver Screen
-Kidney Screen
-Pancreatic Screen
-Cholestrol Screen
-Diabetes Screen
-Dentristry (prophylaxis & cleaning annually)
-General Anestesia for Dental
-Hospitalization for Dental
-Urinalysis
-Urine Sediment Exam
-Electrocardiograms (twice per year)
-Annual Chest X-ray
-Additional Urinalysis
-Additional Urine Sediment Exam

·
Registered
321 Posts
Good grief that is high insuance by the time you figure every month and your one time fee and your deductable added all up would a person really use to full advantage? I could see maybe if you had one of those breeds that were always sick like yorkies or english buuldogs but chis arent that frail or sickly ( to my knowlage anyway- I could be wrong) I wouldnt get it for my dog.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
porshas_momma said:
Good grief that is high insuance by the time you figure every month and your one time fee and your deductable added all up would a person really use to full advantage? I could see maybe if you had one of those breeds that were always sick like yorkies or english buuldogs but chis arent that frail or sickly ( to my knowlage anyway- I could be wrong) I wouldnt get it for my dog.
what i've looked into you have to pay extra on certain breeds! so if you have a dog that is on their list of (to use your words) "always sick" then you pay more monthly......

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
what i've looked into you have to pay extra on certain breeds! so if you have a dog that is on their list of (to use your words) "always sick" then you pay more monthly......
what breeds to pet insurance companies consider the "always sick" breeds?

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
well a lot of plans say that the chinese shar pie and chinese shar pei cross breeds are only eligible for accident only coverage.....

the breeds you pay additional premiums for are:

American Staffordshire terriers Basset Hounds, Basenjis, Boxers, American Bulldogs, English Bull dogs, Bull Terriers, Dalmatians, Deerhounds, Doberman Pinschers, Dogue de Bordeaux, German Shepherd Dogs All Greyhounds (including Italian Greyhounds), Great Danes, Irish Wolfhounds, Leonbergers, All Mastiff breeds, All Mountain Terriers/Dogs, Newfoundlands, Old English Sheepdogs, Peruvian Inca Orchid, Pharaoh Hounds, Pit Bull Terriers, Rottweilers, St. Bernards, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, Wheaten Terriers

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
WOW!! :shock: All those breeds you listed I'd think would be considered pretty strong dogs...the only dog I would have thought to find you have to pay more for are dalmations because they can get really bad arthiritis i think.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Chico's Mama said:
WOW!! :shock: All those breeds you listed I'd think would be considered pretty strong dogs...the only dog I would have thought to find you have to pay more for are dalmations because they can get really bad arthiritis i think.

a lot of the larger breeds like rotties and sheperds get hip dysplasia. and all breeds come with "breed common diseases and health problems" i contacted an insurance company and asked them why the extra premium for these breeds in particular (since ALL breeds have their own thing ya know) they haven't contacted me back....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Seren Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:40 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure they insure an 'ongoing illness'
Do you have pet insurance?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts