Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Both my pets are with VPI Pet Insurace (http://www.petinsurance.com). If you have two or more animals, you get some kind of discount but I pay about $28 a month for each to have full coverage, including annual visit/vaccinations. I just checked and it's called the Superior Plan + Vaccination and Routine Care Coverage.

Some vets will file the insurance for you, however most won't. I pay my vet up front, file the claim and it takes about 2 weeks to receive reimbursement. They will pay a certain amount of your visit - they have the benefit schedules for both plans they offer on the website. You also can take your pet to any vet and they will honor the charges.

VPI is the most popular pet insurance but there are many more out there. I have had no problems with VPI so far and they've been extremely helpful when I needed it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I also have VPI for Angel. My only complaint is slow turn around for reimbursement but otherwise I have had no problems at all. Our last vet recommended them highly.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
My vet gives discounts with an annual plan 10% off everything and multidog discount. I was thinking about ins. the only good one i have seen is in uk.

·
Registered
14 Posts
pet insurance

I have "vet insurance" for Diva. The website is: "www.vetinsurance.com" and I think they do cover America as well. I've got the canadian plan and I pay less than $28 per month, get 90% of my bill back (excluding the office visit which is only $20) and I have always gotten my refund in 9 business when I've faxed my claim in and with her 3 toes being broken (now healed) the refunds sure did help a lot.

Angel :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts