Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I have had Bailey insured for a year now with More Than and was paying £19 something a month, I have just had the renewal through for nearly £29!!! I haven't made any claims this year, that is totally mad. So I am going to shop around. Can anyone recommend a good UK insurance for Bailey before I go traipsing around all the websites trying to get another good deal but good insurance.

Hope someone can help.

Joy xx

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I cant help here but hopefully someone will chime in soon :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there no one out there who can tell me who they insure their dog with and whether they are happy? Please.

Joy x

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have been looking around for a good insurer and I was recommended to John Lewis, I had a quick look on Friday and the policy price seems very reasonable, but still looking through the restrictions etc.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Louie is insured with Petplan. We have the 'Budget, Covered For Life Policy'
Its not the cheapest policy, and its not the most expensive, its middle of the road.
It covers a good amount of stuff which is why I chose it.
You can get a quote online so you can see just how much it will cost you
Pet insurance from Petplan - Need a quote

I can highly recommend Petplan, they have always been very good at paying out, we have always had the cheque within 2 weeks (normally in 1 week) when our cat was ill.
They are a little bit more pricey than some companys but they are one of the best and I prefer to use them rather than Tesco or Sainsburys personally x

·
Registered
280 Posts
why are you being charged all that for more than? Cici is on more than and I pay £10 a month, this covers around £7000 per life cover

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sainsbury's pet insurance is good for me and have claimed once with no problems

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for your responses, I shall look at all of those. Tesco's is too cheap for my liking, I'm not looking for the cheapest just didn't expect to have to pay near on £30 a month. If I was a new customer to More Than I would only have to pay £16!!! so what's going on there. I am going to call them to say I am cancelling, if they are anything like car insurance they will lower their price to keep me. Petplan is another good idea, Bailey came with their insurance for 4 weeks when I got him so I would consider that again.

Thanks again.

Joy x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts