Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
VPI - http://petinsurance.com

They have been very good to us so far. I have both Angel and Luna (our kitten) under the Superior plan as well as Routine Care add on. Just got a reimbursement today actually for Luna's last vet visit for vaccinations. :)

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I had VPI for several months. I even got a 10 or 15% discount because I bought it through the company I work for AND the payments were automatically deducted from my paycheck. It sounded like the best deal in town. But Lily has so many pre-existing conditions that none of the major stuff was going to be covered. I don't need insurance for routine work... so I ended up canceling.

If you have a puppy or even a very healthy older dog, it's probably a good investment.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
well then... VPI is the most popular among vets and pet owners. I don't know how their rates compare to other companies though. The really cool thing about them is you can do a quote online and see how much it would cost if you got basic coverage or added vaccinations, etc.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
I just finished signing up both my dogs with Petplan, which is the sister co in Canada to VPI in the US. There is a 48 hr waiting period and after that I will breathe a sigh of relief !

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
nabi said:
I just finished signing up both my dogs with Petplan, which is the sister co in Canada to VPI in the US. There is a 48 hr waiting period and after that I will breathe a sigh of relief !
ROFL... do you need a plastic bubble to keep them in until the 48 hours is up??

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
i'll have to check that out- i'm scared of beenie doing something stupid and actually getting hurt! :shock:
right now i just have a wellness plan from banfield (petsmart) and the shots and such are covered.. 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts