Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... I was looking into starting to order my dog's monthly meds (heart worm and flea/tick preventatives) online. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good site... or noticed any brand working better than another. My vet supplies Frontline, but I know there are others out there!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
1-800 Pet Meds is supposed to be good. I always just get mine from my vet, because they are cheaper than any website I've found. But I know they advertise a lot.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have used petcarerx.com in the past and was happy with them. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I always buy from the vet too. I ordered Bruiser's heartworm pill (Sentinel) online once from a "reputable" place and the first pill I got to just literally crumbled into powder to the touch. The box also looked old but the expiration date was ok. It made me nervous so I threw the whole thing away. I wondered if maybe it was an old package or it had been sitting in a hot warehouse forever. Now this could have been random but in all my years of giving pups their heartworm meds, this never happened until I ordered them online. The few dollars I may save is not worth the risk... I'd pay extra any day for safe stuff for my baby!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Be very careful ordering medication online. From my understanding the packages can be tampered with and some people will actually dilute some with water so they can be sold cheaper to compete with the other meds being sold out there. You will not be able to see that it has been tampered with as they are really good at it and sometimes it is done where they are created. I have also heard of other things being put into them that can cause harm to your pet. I think Pet 1-800-petmeds is a more reputable online store. I also agree that is cheaper to buy from your vet when you consider shipping and such...

Keep in mind that when you are buying from lets say ebay or a place that is selling them really cheap there is usually a reason behind it, ie, out of date, tampered with, etc.. IMO, better to be safe than sorry ;-)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I use Drs. Foster and Smith online pharmacy every time and have always been very satisfied with their customer service, timely handling and accuracy of prescription orders. I highly recommend them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts