Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chico has LP and I hope to have the operation for him around July-August... in the meantime I am *trying* to keep him from jumping off things....so I bought a Pet ramp Saturday when we had our little 'excursion' to PetSmart yesterday (see my 'Its Official' post)....

I had steps to my bed but he is having problems now jumping up on steps because of the leg... this ramp is AWESOME... he has NO problems getting up on the bed now, I plan to get another one for the couch area.... its Overkill as it is rated for up to 400 lbs......lol...... but I like the surface area he walks on... I just can't get him to go DOWN the ramp from the bed... he wants the shortcut and jumps off the bed to the floor *sigh*...

this is NOT Chico...but it is the ramp

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I wanted a ramp like that for Dottie,as she's so small even getting into the garden room is too high for her(1 step) but i wanted one half that size but couldn't find one so hubby made her one,not as nice as yours I have no idea how you can stop him jumping off the bed and not using the ramp i'm afraid ,apart from putting pillows on the floor for him to land on,or thick duvet ????

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I have a ramp my mom made for my Pomeranian's to use has carpet on it .My bed is really high. I have wood floors and I don't think i will use ramp for my Amberleah because if she jumps off she will break something. until I have TOTAL trust she knows not going jump the ramp will stay in storage. My cats miss it they used it as scratching post.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I had the same ramp for Dary to get in & out of our motor home after his CVI diagnosis, but I had to make an extension because it was too far for the ramp to reach. It worked great! On mine, the little plastic "stops" came loose after a few months, but I reinstalled them with a slightly larger screw and they held up fine. My only complaint was that, on the one I have, some of the aluminum edges were a bit sharp and I had to cover them with duct tape. By and large, though, it really did the trick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts