Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was my first full day of orientation, so I had the pet sitter come to take care of Toby about half way through the day. We met last week to set everything up, and Toby really took to her. She was supposed to come at 12, stay for half an hour, take him to go potty, play with him and wear him out a little bit so he would sleep until I got back at 3 or 4.

She went ABOVE AND BEYOND. I am sooo happy. She stayed for about an hour, playing with him and giving him love. She texted me just before she left letting me know that all was okay and sending a picture of Toby cuddling her on the couch.

When I got home, I found Toby's report card! It was so cute, she detailed everything that they did and how good he was. She said the only trouble she had was when she tried to put him back in the crate, he tried to hide under the dining room table. That's his usual move, though, so she expected it. She sat on the couch and he came to her. Then she gave him a treat to get him in his crate. I don't usually give treats but I told her to go ahead and use them sparingly if they help to get him to warm up.

I got home to a happy, sleepy puppy! Best decision ever and the peace of mind is worth every cent.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Sounds like you got a really good pet sitter. I usually don't trust them and it wouldn't be anything for me. But I am really happy for you it's working out so great :).

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I weary of people coming in my house. But she is bonded and insured and has a ton of references that I checked before hiring her. She came highly recommended by other students so I gave her a shot. And I'm so happy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
tha'ts awesome! A great deal for you and Toby and also for her! What a fun job, playing with puppies. :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
That's great! Sounds like you really lucked out finding someone like that who went above and beyond.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts