Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not the Beach Boys album of the same name (you older folks will recognize the reference :lol: ). I've been wanting to mention this for a long time but I'm not quite sure how to describe it.

When Lily curls up in my arms and she is all snuggly and warm, she exhales and makes a sound. It's a soft moan that comes from deep in her throat and lasts a good 3 or 4 seconds. Then she smacks her lips a bunch of times, presses her chin against my arm or my shoulder and I know she is totally contented.

I live for that sound because it speaks to me of love and trust and sheer pleasure. And that's when I fall in love with her all over again. :love5:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
chiwi does that too, i call it the grunt of contentment :)

there was a dog that boarded alot and he would get real bad colitis when i wasn't there to greet him and spend a few minutes (sometimes hours) with him. he would come in and i would sit with him and pet him and talk or sing to him (this dog could write a book with all my stories!) and i would stay with him until i heard the grunt of contentment.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Bella does that and adds the roll of the eyes just before she settles into sleep.........and Rachael......I too fall in love all over with her again LOL Some of my friends think I have totally lost my mind....but I don't care....Bella is my life !

·
Registered
393 Posts
HeeHee - my cat Meg does that too - she makes a big sigh, then smacks her lips a few times when she's going into a big deep sleep - so cute!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts