Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
omg. i went to the mall on Monday and went to the pet store called Pet Company to see the cute dogs. They had 2 chihuahua's. One family was looking at one which was 8 weeks old. They asked questions and then asked the price....

$1,250.00 for a puppy w/ no breeding papers...

I doubt that even reputable breeders sell their pups for this price... Wow.. just wow

·
Registered
355 Posts
How horrific - the poor little (probably) mill survivor (that's where most pet stores source their dogs). They are usually not the age they are said to be, either - they can be as young as five or six weeks old (illegal in WI, but it happens everywhere) so that they're smaller ("He'll be so tiny!"). I hope we see a day when these places are shut down! It blows my mind, too - there is still a pet store that sells puppies about 45 min. from here.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know. i have three malls here that sells dogs. :(.
it's sad. i go in there perhaps once every other week just to play with the pups to get them out of their small cage. :(. It's sad to watch them drink out of those water bottles. :(.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
They used to have that here except chihuahuas were $3000 some other breeds such as mastiffs and bulldogs were $5000 they finally shut down all the pet shops here that sold puppies! They kePt some open they just don't sell dogs anymore thank god such a scam

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Our mall's Furry Babies sells dogs at crazy prices like that... problem is,t hey offer 'no credit check financing.' It's like buying a car really; if you can afford the deposit, you can walk out with a dog. =/

If people just saved up what they could afford to spend on a deposit they could likely have time to research a quality breeder and get a GOOD pup for half the price.. it sucks.

Our PetLand has def felt the heat since Furry Babies opened; their prices are CRAZY low now; and from what I've heard that isn't normal for PetLand at all... most of the puppies there now are priced between $2-300 except for whatever they consider "rare" breeds...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts