Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed a nice size order with Pet Edge yesterday, including a pricey clipper to do Charlene. They offered a mini trimmer (which I use on her feet and face) with any order over $50. Within hours of placing the order this is the email I got.

Dear Valued Customer:

The following items are currently on backorder. Items totaling
less than $15.00, as well as any backordered item with a payment
method of COD, may be cancelled, in which case we will send you
a PetEdge Back Order Cancel Notification email.

Thank you for your patience.

QTY DESCRIPTION AMOUNT
1 Oster Mini Max Trimmer 0.00
DUE DATE: 02/28/11

Now I don't know about you, but that didn't seem right so I emailed their customer support the following:

So let me see if I understand this. The enticement you offered to purchase from your organization is on B/O and you have the right to just not ever send it??? That is a bit on the shaky side, unethical in my opinion. I can tell you, that if you don’t carry through with this offer, I will never order from you again, and I will certainly alert the dog community to how you do business. You need to absorb the expense of the enticement, you made the offer and I didn’t read anywhere that stated if the free item wasn’t available, you just wouldn’t send anything. That’s downright disreputable.

Just one customer’s thinking. I will post my opinion on your site and on every dog forum of which I am a member as well as FB.

To which they responded:

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your email.

As the backordered item is a promotional item it will remain on backorder. I do apologize for the confusion that we have caused you.

If you have further questions, please email us at
[email protected]. Please include all prior correspondence in your reply
so that we may know what has taken place previously.

New!!! To check your order status please visit:
<http://trackorder.petedge.com/>

Thank you,

Crystal
Customer Response Team/ ECommerce
PetEdge
Celebrating over 50 Years of Serving Pet Care Professionals and Retailers
[email protected]
Wholesale Pet Supplies, Dog Grooming | PetEdge.com

They were unethical in practice and ill-mannered with their response. My total cost turned out not to be any less than I would have paid anywhere else. This isn't the first time I've had things like this happen with them so Buyer Beware.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Lin! That is VERY shoddy. I will definitely take my business elsewhere. Sorry they did that to you. :(

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ladies. I just can't believe how blatant they were about it! Good grief! They no more intended to send those small clippers than any thing.

I am glad you girls read through all that, I know it was lengthy. ((((hugs))))

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am not a fan of Pet Edge.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I've used Pet Edge and never had any problems like that but I do know that their shipping is outrageous!!! It looks like I'll save money but by the time I get to adding in the shipping it turns all the good deals into the same price I would pay buying locally.

I don't think they will be getting any more of my business in the future.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've used Pet Edge and never had any problems like that but I do know that their shipping is outrageous!!! It looks like I'll save money but by the time I get to adding in the shipping it turns all the good deals into the same price I would pay buying locally.

I don't think they will be getting any more of my business in the future.
That's another thing with them... they list all these great prices but then holy cow! Add in the shipping and you've saved noting. I am just opposed to businesses who operate like that.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UPDATE - Seems as though PetEdge had a change of heart! Yay!!!! On the 23rd of Feb. I received a Shipment Confirmation for the mini clippers!!! They arrived today. Amazing. They do appear to be a good quality.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I hate paying shipping costs. I always see how much shipping will be before I order from anywhere.
Glad you got your clippers!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I'm glad you got those clippers too!! Thanks for the update. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts