Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I had petplan, let it lapse and just re signed up for it. Crazy but only for one dog. I am hedging my bets and of the 2 chis I have, one is more active, out and about more and much more petite. We already have had a broken leg when she was a puppy that required $3000 surgery to place a pin in the leg by an orthopedic vet surgeon. Ugh. Bruiser, is a couch potato, goes from his bed to the deck to the couch to the food and repeats. The chances of him in an accident are slim and he is also more substantial than Maya (8 pounds versus 2). So I got the insurance on Maya and let it go on Bruiser. For $23/month, that adds up times two. Anyway, I had it last year and never filed a claim but did some research and found them to offer a lot for the money.
Tricia

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I have Pet Plan, one pups rates increased, the other 3 went down. The one that went up stayed in the hospital for 5 days, so that's probably what it is. 5 or 6 dollar increase, but I still recommend them. They pay just as they say. They are the only company I know that covers hereditary and congenital conditions provided they aren't pre-existing.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I have the highest plan they offer and it is $23 a month for each pup. Lexie's went up to $28 something, I believe. $200 ded., covered at 100% after that.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
In the UK (I've just done a quote for an 11 month old Chihuahua)

Basic is £14 a month
Budget is £25 a month up to £4000 vets fees
and supreme Full cover is £35 a month up to £12,000 vets fees

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Anyone who has this insurance...is there an increase in your premium every year?
I have not had an increase since I've had it. I'm on my second renewal. FWIW, I've had very good experience with them and quick reimbursement the only time we had to use it.

We have the least expensive plan- bronze I think. I got it because they will cover hereditary diseases as long as they are not pre-existing. We can't ever cancel or lapse because our Chi has been diagnosed with LP since we got the plan so it's covered as long as we don't cancel or lapse. It's $153/yr for our Chihuahua and $98/yr for our Shorkie. It paid for itself though when my Shorkie had to have oral surgery in Feb.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts