Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do you pay for it, and where do you order it from? Looks like it comes in a 2.2 oz. bottle, and you can get the bigger bottle, but it's a refill.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I know some people get it off of ebay and its less expensive than the petzlife website, but I've ordered it just from the petzlife website because whose to say that the ebay seller is actually selling a bottle of petzlife...it could be anything in there! Maybe I'm paranoid, though. I used coupon code apetzdeal to save 10%. I would feel comfortable ordering it off of a decent pet website as well, I just don't use ebay for things I'm squirting in my dogs mouths lol.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
You can get the Petzlife spray at Petsmart. I haven't bought it, but I think it runs about 20.00 or 25.00 for a little bottle. I'm currently using the Tropiclean gel. I forget how much I paid for it, but I got it in a pack with the water additive at Petco. I'm going to try Petzlife next. If you have a Petsmart near you, I'd try there. :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'm like Kristi, I'd be leery to get it off Ebay.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ladies! :) You guys are always so helpful. :daisy: Does the bottle have a seal on it under the spray cap? Like Tylenol and stuff? The paper thingie that covers the opening?

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's $24.99 at Petsmart, but I think I'll feel safer getting it local. :) Thanks again ladies.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just a question...do your dogs like peppermint?? Cinder refuses anything mint like it's going to kill her. I use other flavored toothpaste, but I can never use these type things on her! I was looking at Tisol (our big petshop) yesterday for no brush gel to use daily but they're all minty that I could see!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine don't like anything that I force into their mouths, but they are just going to have to deal with it. They get over it soon enough, and since it's for their health, Mama is just going to have to be mean. :lol: :wink:

I have never tried any of the sprays or gels, so this is all new to me. My youngest pup is 19 months old, oldest 3 1/2 years old, and we are just now having minor issues. I don't want it to even get close to bad to where they have to have a dental. Up until I had to stop using bully sticks for them to gnaw on, their teeth were bright, shiny and white. But all my pups had HGE last year, and so far none of the chewies have set well on their stomachs since. Petzlife gets some really great reviews, so along with brushing I'm hoping this brings their teeth back to the way they were. :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I got my last bottle from Revival Animal Health, I've never had a problem with them. They always ship promptly and their prices are pretty decent. I am going to get the 8oz refill next time. PetzLife Oral Care

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yeah, Cin isn't a huge fan of getting her teeth brushed, but she's okay with it as long as it's not mint! I have tried and tried with mint stuff because it was all I had at first. I'm lucky if I get a tooth done. She clamps her mouth shut and flails around violently. Ugh! I'm a dog trainer and a former ACD rescue worker and I can't get that dog to open her mouth to mint! Lol...she's a pain in the butt. I'm going to keep searching for something else non-minty. I do feed raw and she gets lots of bullies and things on top of her brushing, so she should be 'okay' still.
Good luck with your guys and the gel! I hope it works well for you.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Heather! :)

Cinder, yeah, I think most of them don't like it. It really isn't a natural thing to do. :lol: My Dad asked me last night, "Who used to brush their teeth in the Wild?" I said, "well, they didn't need them brushed because the bones they ate kept them clean." He actually made some kind of grunting, agreeing sound. :lol: I have read some that are feeding RAW are still having plaque issues, though. So maybe some are more prone to it than others. I think I’ve been very lucky so far with their teeth. Sounds like you are taking the right steps to keep your babies teeth clean. :)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
For those dogs that don't like the mint flavor the Petzlife also comes in a salmon flavor I think. I use the regular mint flavor Petzlife spray on my dogs, they don't like getting their teeth sprayed daily but that's tough bananas for them. lol

I don't remember the small 2.2 oz bottle having a seal but I bought my spray bottle over 3 years ago so I can't be sure. I don't remember now where I bought the small spray bottle but once you have that then it is cheaper to get the 8 oz refill in the future. I typically buy my 8 oz Petzlife spray refill online at Pet Edge but it's not too much more from Amazon.

Brushing alone doesn't cut it for my three but using both Petzlife Spray and regular brushing keeps their teeth in tip top shape. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts