Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i am new to this , let me introduce my baby.. her name is pewnie and she is 100% chihuahua. she is 1 pound and she will be 1 year old on the 21st of this month.. i need this forun,i have so many questions i need to ask .first question.. does anyone have a tiny furbaby like mine?? please be patient with me until i learn how to use this forum..thanks so much and i hope to hear from some of you soon..have a great day..:)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Hi and welcome to the board! Did I read right? 1 lb and she will be a year this month? We have some tinies here but I believe you have the smallest. You have weighed her lately? Has she any health issues for that size? I would love to see pics of your baby!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there yoshis mom

hi there ,yes you heard right..she is 1.4 and her birthday is the 21st of feb. she is the tiniest little girl..she did have health issues in her first months .she was hypoglysemic, and i needed to give her caro syrup a few times a day when she went into fits.. very scary times! but she doesn't get the fits any more and she went to the vet on tuesday..he said she is healthy..she was weighed , and we talked about spaying and removel of some baby teeth.she got her shots and next tuesday she will get her (maybe!!) rabies shot.. she is also double jointed on her hind paws...having pewnie is giving birth again! lol she lives in a playpen ,she gets playtime a few times a day.she will let me know when she wants to get out to play..she starts screeming like a baby..lol sooo cute! she is on prescribtion diet food . she had doctors orders to have her dressed at all times,because she was shivering all the time..that alone was a mission!! finding clothes for her was not an easy task...i did find a women from hickory nc that made her pj's and a coat and a few dresses..oh and a hat! lol i am despretely looking for some one that has one like mine to ask many questions.. since i am new to this i will see if i know how to send you pictures.. thank you for your responce..hope to hear from you again ..have a great day!!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
There are some parents of tinies here that will probably speak up soon. Hopefully they will be able to help you out ;-)

Most here use photobucket.com to post pics. I am glad she is a healthy girl and really surprised that you do not have to continue Karo syrup or Nutri-cal for her. My Chibi had Hypoglycemia issues when I got him at 4 months old. He was a wee thing then but no where near as small as your girl.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey yoshismom i found you! lol please be patient with me until i can get the hang of this..she only get her attacks if she gets too excited .. then i will give her a tiny bit of caro and yes she's still on nutri-cal..she is very fiesty and has a temper you wouldn't see on a pitt-bull!! she causes so much attencion everywhere she goes..i take her out in her carriage ,it's all closed in and do not let any one touch her for any reason..having pewnie is like having a newborn. lol but i would'nt change a thing if i had to do it all again.. i just love my baby!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Awwww! She is darling! :)

You mentioned Hickory, do you live in or near hickory?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Hello and welcome Pewnie's mom! :D I just looked at your album as well and she sure is adorable! My girls don't have a doctors order but I dress them up a lot too! lol I'm glad your baby is pretty healthy for being so small! That's such great news! I bet those early stages were very scary to go through =( Nobody wants to see their baby suffer with those attacks.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Welcome,i have a tiny one called Dottie she is nearly 4 months and weighs nearly 1 lb,i had to make a knitted coat for her as nothing will fit i may have to get a cat harness as that's all that would probably fit her,she sleeps on a heater every night and can't help but spoil her she is adorable,have to be so careful where you walk as it's like having a guinea pig .yes she's on nutri cal as well .Get those pics up would love to see her

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
michelle

hey there michelle, thank you for the kind words, at 4 months old pewnie was 4 ounces.. she stayed at that way for a long time.she just now got to 1 pound and 4ounces..she was weighed at her vets on tuesday..she is having a 1st birthday this month.. although she had a few problems at first , she was healthy.. she doesn't get the attacks anymore unless she gets too excited..you say you let your baby on the floor?? i am so affraid to leave mine out.what i do is give her playtime every 3 or 4 hours and i watch her.. i have to cover the vents,close all the doors and vacuum the floor really good before she goes on the floor.i never let her out if anyone is in the house.. i am terrified of losing her, which i did one time.. the worse few minutes of my life!! she went behind the dresser and was afraid to come out and since her bark sounds like a squeek toy i couyld'nt hear her..yes i did call the police ,fire department and my husband like a crazy person!!! lol i never want to go through that again..lol i am still learning how to use this so please be patient with me..lol thanks...pewnie amd mommy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
michelle

by the way your babies are addorable!! i love the scrap book pages you made for them..i hope i can learn to do all that stuff for mine too..lol:)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Thank you. They are something else. Go into our Chihuahua pictures forum and take a look. I am sure you will just fall in love over and over again ;-)

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Pewnie is such a little doll.. She reminds me of a pup named "Quigley" whose mom is on this forum as well..

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hello and Welcome to chi ppl. She is adorable. I love the red and white dress. I would be a nervous wreck having one that small.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts