Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few of you on here are breeders, so I just had a quick question. Is there a way to tell form birth if you've got long coats or short coats? I know Eleanor has a 50/50 of each appearing but wondered if you could actually tell. So anyone with newborn puppy pics.. I wanna see them. =D
I'm getting anxious. =/ It should be any day now if we have the days estimated right...

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh boy do I have pictures lol. No new ones yet since I posted on the "internet back / update" thread, but they're both posted on that one lol.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to bump this up again.. I actually looked in the Search through old threads and somebody posted back in June asking at what age you can tell the coat difference.. and nobody replied at all!
This is day 3.. the pups all look like they have basically the same coat type; so it's not easy for me to say 'oh yes, that ones definitely long haired and that one isn't..' The ONLY diff I'm seeing (as you can see in the pic below) is that one of the solid white ones has a much more.. pink head? As if the fur is thinner, so maybe he's a SC?

Does anyone have photos of a 2-3 day old puppy; and can tell me if it turned out to be a long coat or short coat?

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
yeah i agree - u cant tell from birth
i would say around 1 - 2 weeks ish (my friend had a litter (2 smooth & 1 long) and she couldnt tell till around 1 - 2 weeks)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts