Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be kind of fun, but also I wanna get a little bit of an idea of how different my girls will look like full grown. So if you have any pics of your pups at around 6/7 months, and then at 18 months - 2 years, I'd love to see them! :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Ok, here's a few of Brody at 6 months, then recent shots (he's 2.5 years old).

Then.....

And now ....

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tracy. That's crazy, to me he doesn't look like he's changed much, has he? I have heard by 6/7 months they have usually grown all they will skeletal wise, and they usually tack on another pound to thicken out in the chest and stuff. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
What a fun idea! Sadly back when Shay was a pup I didn't have a good camera :( But Kizzies are better quality!

Aw baby Brody is a doll!

~Shayley~
Bitty Baby Shayley

Baby Shayley

All Grown Up 8 Year Old Shayley

~Kizzie~
Bitty Baby Kizzie

Baby Kizzie

1 Year Old Kizzie

2 Year Old Kizzie

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Heres my Baby Lu around 6 months. (On the right; this was when Ellie was preggo so most pix are of her around this time ha.)

Here she is again when she was maybe 16m? I'm not at my own comp now, I'm ashamed to say most of my pix uploaded to my photo site are of Tequila lately since she's the baby... =P

The biggest difference I've noticed in that period was just her hair growth; her fringe seems like it's getting longer everyday. She's stayed around the same weight/height since she was around 6/7m. She never really lost her baby face...

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Yeah, I think they lose that baby face as they become adults but they may not actually grow too much after about 8 months. I think Brody gained a pound between then and now. He was 2 pounds at 11 weeks, then about 3.5 pound at 6 months and now he's right at 5 pounds and almost 3 years old.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Sorry all of my pictures are huge! Here is Lion at 6-8 weeks, I am not exactly sure because this is before I had him.

13 weeks when I brought him home:

5-6 months:

8.5 months, now:

He hasn't grown much in the past two months, his hair just has gotten much longer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I loved this idea !! I would propose the same...I am also curious about my girl.

Brody looks like still the same little cute !!

The pictures are so nice. I will wait a bit more to post Tequila's pics because she has still the baby face. Later on I am gonna post the before and after :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I didn't get Alfie until he was 7 months old but that's only a month's difference so hopefully I can still take part in this. I also contacted his original breeder, who kindly sent me some puppy photos so I could see him as a baby.

Alfie at 3 months

Alfie at 7 months

Alfie now at 1 yr 4 months

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, it doesn't seem like any of the pups have changed from 6/7 months to an adult. Besides the LC growing more fur...

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
That is super interesting. I always wondered (and have asked questions about) if their face or muzzle would change beyond now, adult weight and many other things. All of these babies look so much the same!

In fact, yesterday at the vet 2 techs were holding the girls in the check-in area (the girls are popular there! ha!) and another client asked their ages and weights. I told her. She asked how big they would get and before I could answer, one tech said, "you are looking at it" and the other agreed. I said "well, they may still gain another half pound or so" and they both said, "likely not".
I could not disagree because Mick was older when we got him, so I have no experience with puppy to adult, but I still expect my girls to gain a bit more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts