Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My chi has always been a picky eater. It took me a while to find a food that he'll actually eat. He likes three kinds of the Ceasar soft dog foods, but I still have to mix it with a little turkey to get him to finish just half of the container. Sometimes he skips eating for a whole day! He's very active/healthy so I don't really worry about it, but I was wondering what some of you feed your chis and how much/how often they're eating??!!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Hi and welcome to the board! he is a cutie :)

I am not familiar with Ceasar (is it from the grocery store?) If so then I will tell you it is not a premium brand and that could be your problem? It may be that he is just not satisfied with his food? You can go to dogfoodanalysis.com and look into some different choices for food, I usually stay with the 5 and 6 star foods there. You may find that if you change to a premium food (maybe a grain free) he will have a heartier appetite? But what is most important is that he is eating and if he doesnt like the premium foods and he is eating this and nothing else then I might would just be happy he is eating ;-)

I hope this helped some :)

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I have to make sure my tiny chi eats,so i sprinkle ziwipeak on it if she hasn't eaten what i think is enough,then i look round and it's all gone

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
My three eat Blue Buffalo Small Breed Adult Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe and also the same canned food occasionally. My picky boy, Bizkit, loves both. Also, I free feed the dry food.
Check the ingredients on the Cesar just to see what's in it. I'd be interested to know.
Best of luck!! :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I use royal canin, and I also have worked at a pet specialty store for almost 3 years now. I wouldn't recommend him being on a only wet food diet, *if he is* because when you start them on it, they'll never stop.

I have 3 picky eaters on my hand, and I use the chihuahua royal canin mixed with royal canin specialty and they absolutely love it. Sometimes mixing food is a good thing because allergies can develope and most times dogs just end up hating their dog food.

try some dry dog food with ceasar mixed in, or even some of that gravy they sell at pet store, that too can help with a picky dog.

and you know what, sometimes a dogs just gotta give in. He knows you'll feed him if he refuses, don't let him think he's won. It won't hurt him, it'll just teach him a lesson. :)

Hope this helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts