Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
concerning the topic, Hydracephalus of Leannak im' posting these pics of her chi Callie ,

She doesn't seem to have the wide eyes where you can see white on the inner corners, i don't think (although i can never know for sure) she has hydracephalus, but she seems quite small to me , and they are more prone to low sugar attacks ..............

i would say give her nutri-cal regularly , is she eating well ? keep a close eye on her .......and let's hope it's the only attack she will have :wave: my vienna also had a sever one,when i just got her :wave:

BTW i think she sure is one supercutie !!!!

xx nat

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah she does , they both have that typical too big for the body head because they are soooo tiny , but they outgrow that

kisses nat

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thanx for posting those pic's, Nat. Could you maybe tell me how you post/attach more than one pic? I can't seem to figure it out. Thanx!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thanx for posting those pic's, Nat. Could you maybe tell me how you post/attach more than one pic? I can't seem to figure it out. Thanx!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Callie pictures

Thank you for posting these pictures for me.... I want to learn how to do it. I'm glad to hear that some people out there do not think she is hydrocephalus -- I am making an appointment with another vet to have her thoroughly checked out.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just send a pm to millie where i explained posting these pics , i just emptied my mailbox , maybe you can ask her to pm it to you :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
xx-nathalie-xx said:
yeah she does , they both have that typical too big for the body head because they are soooo tiny , but they outgrow that

kisses nat
:wink: That's exactly what I was thinking...she looks perfect to me...just small. She's a doll. :D

·
Registered
634 Posts
Awwwww...what a cute baby. I don't think she looks hydrocephalic. I know Paris had several low sugar attacks while at the breeders, but she's never had one here (thank goodness). I just feed her small meals 5-6 times a day. You can also put a little but of white corn syrup (Karo here in the US) in her water to give her an extra *boost* of sugar if you think she needs it.

She's gorgeous!! :wave:

·
Registered
718 Posts
She is the absolute tiniest little cutie i've ever seen!!! Wow...I really hope she's okay. She just melts my heart! :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
JOLIE'SMOM said:
She is very pretty but look at her eyes. She has the "i don't feel so good" look in all the pictures. I don't know, maybe nothing and i don't know when these were taken so maybe it's nothing. She is just adorable though! :)
I also noticed that just now looking at the pics again. Lets just hope she was confused by the flash or something!

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
JOLIE'SMOM said:
She is very pretty but look at her eyes. She has the "i don't feel so good" look in all the pictures. I don't know, maybe nothing and i don't know when these were taken so maybe it's nothing. She is just adorable though! :)
I think thats why she reminded me of little Paris, I hope she makes a swift recovery and is ok she's sooo cute I've never seen a chi that tiny

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
with hydrocephalus they lean their heads against things or press their head into things, they have a hard time holding their head up, you see the whites of the eyes and the head shape looks more swollen and out of place and gradually gets bigger not just a big and apple domed head to start with. they also can have vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite and their breathing also can become labored. they also may suffer from seizures.

this puppy doesn't seem to have it, but it's hard to tell from pictures alone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts