Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted in Chi Chat that Jer and I are looking for another chi. And earlier I posted that we have been talking to a gal looking to re-home her 4 month old boy. All things are a go, as long as we want him, we're picking him up on Sunday. He's more black than I was expecting. We were both hoping when she said "he's black and white" that he would be more evenly colored instead of 95% black. But I think he's very cute. It looks like he's got a white tummy, and slippers. She just sent me these via cell phone, sorry they're blurry.
What do you guys think?

Edit** Everything is set up for us to go get him on Sunday late morning. So unless we can't get ahold of her for some reason, we'll have him home Sunday afternoon. Expect lots of pics throughout the week, cuz Jer got called off to a job in Duluth. He'll be leaving very very early Monday morning and won't be home til Friday.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I think he's REALLY CUTE!! I love his little white bib and feet.

How old is he? What does he weigh? Is he potty trained? Does he have his shots?

Brodysmom

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think he's REALLY CUTE!! I love his little white bib and feet.

How old is he? What does he weigh? Is he potty trained? Does he have his shots?

Brodysmom
He is 4 months old, born on April 24th. He weighs about 4 pounds, which is 3 pounds less than what Venus weighed at the same age. I believe she said he has started his shots, but I am making an appointment first thing to take him in if we get him.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
He is so cute! I love his coloring - the white bib and socks.

When my late chi passed away at age 15, my husband and I were looking for a chi that looks like her - black, tan, and white tri color long hair chi. However, when we saw Bella's photo, we fell in love with her immediately. Bella is tri color chocolate blue, tan, white smooth coat.

When we were looking to adopt a second chi as a fur sibling for Bella, we again went looking for a black, tan, and white color chi. However, when Kristin had to rehome Lina and Boss, we fell in love with Lina - a dainty little 4.5 pound blonde short coat chi.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
If in doubt I say no, buthten sometimes regretted it lol,

You say you both really want a lighter coloured dog, if that is what you really want will taking this dog still make you yearn for the one you really wanted, could you extend your family to more.

What does your heart say when you look at this dog, does he keep coming onto your thoughts no matter what your doing.

Do you find yourself going back to look at the photo's of him time and time again, are you constantly talking about him?

When I was looking for a dog (albeit my very first chi) I knew I wanted a Black and Tan. I was tempted to view some others that were different colours but knew in my heart a Black and Tan was what I wanted.

I had got it down to three choices,
A black 8 week old dog with a white chest
A 9 month old bitch black and tan
And Jake 9 week old B & T

What happened was in my heart Jake chose me, I kept looking at his photo and was mesmerized by him. So much so I changed all plans and drove 1 1/2 hrs to Essex to view him.
I never took any money as my intention was to see him and then look at the others, but ended up going to a cash point and bringing him home that night. A decision I will never regret.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Deme x

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My heart says he's adorable and I know I would love him forever. And Jer says he knows we're going to end up with more than 2 dogs, so he can save for a tiny white chi from a breeder after we move. I've been making plans, and getting stuff ready... I think my heart knows I'm in love...

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you have made your choice, don't forget the photo's of his arrival
I think I have too. I already have a pic of him on my desktop on the computer :D

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Is he a sweety? Is he a good dog? As long as you think you'll love him, then something as superficial as coloring shouldn't be an issue.

At least that's my take. I'd take him in a second. It's never been a deal breaker for me, but black animals seem to predominate in my pets. We just seem to fall together.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is he a sweety? Is he a good dog? As long as you think you'll love him, then something as superficial as coloring shouldn't be an issue.

At least that's my take. I'd take him in a second. It's never been a deal breaker for me, but black animals seem to predominate in my pets. We just seem to fall together.
That's how I feel. I just had to listen to "well, you said you wanted ____" from hubby. I think he's just a doll. I've already gotten him a bed, and we're going to WalMart tonight to get a couple shirts and new collar and what not for him. I am just so excited. I doubt I'll be able to get any sleep til Sunday lol.
I love his little boots. I just cannot stop looking at his pictures they sent me.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Aww he is Cute!!!! I cant wait to see more pics!! congrats on your new Little baby ( since you made up your mind ;) )

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, I'm so excited! Venus is gonna have a little brother!

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Oh Samantha, it's Lily's brudda!!! Look at how similiar they look? All the way to the white up to the chin. Okay, honestly, I've never thought the black ones were as cute as the light ones. I've always liked the lighter chi's. Then Miss Lily Pad came along. I originally got her for my friend/client but after 3 days with us, we fell so madly in love and I look at her now and think she is the prettiest thing I've ever seen. Her personality won me over instantly and that was all she wrote. So... now I'm so partial to the black and white ones. I think he is stunning. I can't wait to hear about him and see pictures. Good luck girl!!!

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Aww he's adorable! Congrats Sam and Jer! What's his name? Sorry if I missed it somewhere.
Actually I don't know yet. They named him Paco, but we have already decided to re-name him. Just don't know what yet. Jer was thinking Boots, but I don't like that either. So I suppose that will be another post once we get him home and I get a few ideas and a few more pics :D

Oh Samantha, it's Lily's brudda!!! Look at how similiar they look? All the way to the white up to the chin. Okay, honestly, I've never thought the black ones were as cute as the light ones. I've always liked the lighter chi's. Then Miss Lily Pad came along. I originally got her for my friend/client but after 3 days with us, we fell so madly in love and I look at her now and think she is the prettiest thing I've ever seen. Her personality won me over instantly and that was all she wrote. So... now I'm so partial to the black and white ones. I think he is stunning. I can't wait to hear about him and see pictures. Good luck girl!!!
Ya know, I have a feeling this little guy is going to feel a lot like Coop. Between Venus, and the in-laws female maltese and 2 female cats, and my moms female rat terrier and cat, and my dads female cat. My dad's got a male jack russel (who's afraid of his own shadow lol)... I think they may have to team up lol.

Oh my goodness, I just noticed that!
I love Venus' colors, but after seeing all the beautiful lighter colored chis on the forum, I just got that urge to add one to our family. I think this little guy is adorable, and I cannot wait to get him home. But I know EVENTUALLY I want a light little girl. Jer already promised me we'll have at least 3 dogs, so I'm happy :D He says I'm going to be like the crazy cat woman on the simpsons, but I'll have chi's instead :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts