Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the new puppies, I thought it would be fun to show some pics of Lily from 11 weeks to adulthood. It is interesting to see the body & face changes.
11 weeks-She was a light silver with a dark streak down her back

15 weeks, you can see she is starting to blow her coat.

20 weeks, a few fuzzies left. Her face color really never changed, just darker. She also got gangly.

8 mos. almost there! Still gangly.

2 1/2 years, all grown up.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have owned a number of horses and she reminded me of a gangly colt!! It is fun to look back, so many members have had questions on coat, head shapes and body. They do change quite a bit!

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love these puppy photos of lily she is absolutely adorable. I love seeing how they change. It's going to be interesting to see how my four pups grow up :)
I can't wait to see yours either!! Of course, we don't want to wish the puppy time away...it goes so fast. I also got to watch Raisin & Mia also...so much fun.

·
Registered
439 Posts
It is fun to see the progression pictures. Since my dogs are rescues, I can only imagine their puppy hood. Thanks for sharing. Lily is such a unique, beautiful dog. 😊

·
Registered
839 Posts
It is fun to see the progression pictures. Since my dogs are rescues, I can only imagine their puppy hood. Thanks for sharing. Lily is such a unique, beautiful dog. 😊
Our previous girl was a rescue too, was about 5-6 years old when we found her. I always wanted to know what she looked like as a puppy! Was impossible to picture, had always known her as an adult.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Thanks for sharing Debby. It's always great to see pictures of their changes through out puppyhood. Lily is so adorable and her coloring is so beautiful.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Kay...I think it is fascinating to see the changes. Unless there are pictures to compare the week to week changes are very subtle. Thank you for giving your pups a loving home! I'm glad you liked the pics.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I can't believe Lily is already 2 and a half! Time really does fly!

I also can't believe how bad I was at taking pictures when Kerri was a puppy. It wasn't a number problem, there are plenty, but technique- most of her puppy pics are a blur! She changed a lot though. At 12 weeks she was very dark, more of her hairs ended in black than ended in brown. Now almost every hair has at least a little of the brown sableing on it.

Here she is at 12 weeks-

Then here around 14 weeks, the lighting is better, she wasn't quite as dark as the first picture leads you to believe but she did lighten up quick. Also that ear went up and down and everywhere in between those first 6 months.

6 months. She was going through a super gangly phase here, she ate a lot and was still very skinny!

Here she is a little over 7 months, just graduated basic obedience. As you can see her neck hair was going wild, I thought she might be growing a mane for a while there! Also as you can see her face is still really dark, although that ear settled to it's final position by now.

Then here she is at a year. The brown on her came in all the way, her neck hair calmed down and she filled out a little bit. The only other change that really happened was her muzzle silvered a LOT over the next 6 months.

By 18 months her muzzle was almost totally white. Here she is around a year and a half-

Then we have her now, all grown up and 4 years old!

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
What beautiful photos of Lily and Kerri. It really is amazing and kinda cool how much they change. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can't believe Lily is already 2 and a half! Time really does fly!

I also can't believe how bad I was at taking pictures when Kerri was a puppy. It wasn't a number problem, there are plenty, but technique- most of her puppy pics are a blur! She changed a lot though. At 12 weeks she was very dark, more of her hairs ended in black than ended in brown. Now almost every hair has at least a little of the brown sableing on it.

Here she is at 12 weeks-

Then here around 14 weeks, the lighting is better, she wasn't quite as dark as the first picture leads you to believe but she did lighten up quick. Also that ear went up and down and everywhere in between those first 6 months.

6 months. She was going through a super gangly phase here, she ate a lot and was still very skinny!

Here she is a little over 7 months, just graduated basic obedience. As you can see her neck hair was going wild, I thought she might be growing a mane for a while there! Also as you can see her face is still really dark, although that ear settled to it's final position by now.

Then here she is at a year. The brown on her came in all the way, her neck hair calmed down and she filled out a little bit. The only other change that really happened was her muzzle silvered a LOT over the next 6 months.

By 18 months her muzzle was almost totally white. Here she is around a year and a half-

Then we have her now, all grown up and 4 years old!
I LOVE Kerri's pictures Annie! Her ears in the first photo make me melt. Thank you for showing them to us.
I know, it is crazy to think Lily is full grown now.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Thanks Karen...I loved seeing Kerri's pics also. I think it is fascinating to see the changes ove the first couple of years. Do you have any to share??😀
I'll see if I can find Chad's puppy photos. He's 10 now so has gone through some changes. 😝

1 - 20 of 24 Posts