Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ivy tuned six months last Thursday. She officialy competed in the 6-9 month puppy class on Saturday at a show. She won her class and was reserve winners bitch. She did well for her first official show. We have some work to do on the table (staying calm and still when the approaches for examination) but she had a good start. Love little one. She took to sitting on top of my supply carrying case which is the size of a lunch box! Second picture shows Ivy chilling in her crate with Sapphire. Jewel has her own crate on the bottom. Sapphire comes for emotional support!

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Well done ivy you beautiful girl! You must be so proud of her, it's good that you have got her showing at the earliest age possible that's what I'm going to do with Gucci. Not sure about pixie and Darcy yet though as they haven't started ringcraft yet.

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well done ivy you beautiful girl! You must be so proud of her, it's good that you have got her showing at the earliest age possible that's what I'm going to do with Gucci. Not sure about pixie and Darcy yet though as they haven't started ringcraft yet.
There are pluses and minuses to showing very young. The plus is they get used to it very early, the minus is the pups vary so much in the rate they mature. Ivy is much smaller than others at her age. I started a handling class with Ivy last week. It helps so much!

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
There are pluses and minuses to showing very young. The plus is they get used to it very early, the minus is the pups vary so much in the rate they mature. Ivy is much smaller than others at her age. I started a handling class with Ivy last week. It helps so much!
That's good I would love to see some more photos of sapphire if you can I am mesmerised every time I see her. I want to get mine into it asap because millie isn't that confident and I think that's because it's all new to her so I regret not introducing her earlier. She is still young though so she will learn.

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had I had the itch to show before I got her I would not have had the breeder get her spayed. Jewel needs to grow coat like that.....it takes forever for long coats to get their adult coat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts