·
Banned
10,704 Posts
She's very sweet looking. :love2:
How old is she?

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
She turned 6 months Feburary 20th! Growing up so fast on me!

Oh yes, time flies! She's still a puppy though.
I was thinking, if you ever have time could you make me a drawing similar
to the one you made of Ember, but of my Chanel? I thinks it's soooo cute. :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
She is adorable. :)

For your purebred question its a good possibility she is a mix. Saying that-she could very well be a purebred just not bred to standard. She looks quite big in the pic especially being 6mo but its always difficult to tell in pics. You can expect her to get a bit bigger still.

She is a prettuy girl no doubt. They do have dna tests you can purchase to find out for sure if you're curious but...what doesn it really matter. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
She's adorable, whether pure or mix! :)

Epic is a mix and I adore her non-Chi features (legginess, ridiculously easy trainability) as much as I love her Chi features (intelligence, affection, attitude).

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh yes, time flies! She's still a puppy though.
I was thinking, if you ever have time could you make me a drawing similar
to the one you made of Ember, but of my Chanel? I thinks it's soooo cute. :)
Actually LS I was planning on doing a picture of Chanel for you anyway, so sure. It won't take too long. :D

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Can I just tell you (without trying to embarrass you!) that I forget sometimes how old you are! You are very articulate, ask really smart questions and your care and concern for your baby's nutrition and health are great-even better than some of us MUCH older than you! The fact that you and your family are making certain that she gets spayed is wonderful. You are mature beyond your years and you are a good and responsible Chi owner!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Chis ARE actually quite intelligent & easy to train as a rule. Just sayin'. ;)
Oh, they're intelligent alright! Intelligence was one of her Chi features, as you will note. ;) But Epic is more biddable (less challenging to train everything from Obedience to housebreaking) on the spectrum than I get the feeling most Chi's are. More like a Papillon or small terrier, which would have been our choice of breed if Epic hadn't come into our lives.

Nothing is as SNUGGLY as a Chi though, so she got those genes from her Chi parent for sure! Haha!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can I just tell you (without trying to embarrass you!) that I forget sometimes how old you are! You are very articulate, ask really smart questions and your care and concern for your baby's nutrition and health are great-even better than some of us MUCH older than you! The fact that you and your family are making certain that she gets spayed is wonderful. You are mature beyond your years and you are a good and responsible Chi owner!!
Thank you, miss Jesuschick that is very nice of you to say that I'm mature- although secretly sometimes I run around the house like a loopy person. :D

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Oh, they're intelligent alright! Intelligence was one of her Chi features, as you will note. ;) But Epic is more biddable (less challenging to train everything from Obedience to housebreaking) on the spectrum than I get the feeling most Chi's are. More like a Papillon or small terrier, which would have been our choice of breed if Epic hadn't come into our lives.

Nothing is as SNUGGLY as a Chi though, so she got those genes from her Chi parent for sure! Haha!
I still disagree with the whole "Chi's are difficult to train" thing you read so often online or in books. Mine have all proven quite easy to train...MUCH MUCH easier than our Labs ever were. Most of mine potty trained via doggy door by the time they were 13 weeks old. They also all know lots of tricks & picked up on them very easily. I just think it depends on the persons ability to train rather than the dogs trainability. ;)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts

:thumbright: This is very true!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Actually LS I was planning on doing a picture of Chanel for you anyway, so sure. It won't take too long. :D
Thank you sweetie, I think the pictures you draw are sooo freaking cute!
I received Chanel's pic, I LOVE it and if it's ok will use it as one of my siggies. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts