Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took these with the canon rebel 35mm and got them developed over the weekend. The inside ones are from about a month ago (except for the first picture of the boys together, it was taken inside on friday). You can see the black dot on the top of Jack's nose was smaller then. His nose is turning black! It's going to be so cool to see him with an all black nose but I will be sad to see it go bc it's sort of his trade mark. It is fun to see change though. The outside pictures were from the day I took the group shots. I took them outside and tired them out and then came inside and used treats to lure them into position hehe
So here's some MORE cute chi pics!

Handsome brothers

Beautiful sisters

Tyson chi-son

Leila all snuggly

Jack all snuggly

I have a pretty sissy

Cutie Chloe

Ty

A little seal

Hangin' out

My little Floridian

All smiles

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
wow leila looked just like triny in those pics....beautiful.
I love Jack he is such a sweetie, may I ask why his left eye is small was he born like that?
Also have you any puppy pics of him , if so I would love to see them.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
i love that last one :lol: :D

teddy used to have a black nose now it's kind of tan but looks pinkish in the sunlight :shock:

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! Back in January he didn't even have that black dot haha And when he was a baby his nose was all pink. How old was Teddy when his nose changed Jen? I love the color of it now :love5:

And yes, the pool is always open! Still too cold for me! lol I can't wait until July when it's really warm. I love it.

Here's some pics of Jack as a baby

8 weeks/ first day home

around 9 weeks

around 10 weeks

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
3 months

Between 6-9 months

And here he is on his first birthday on Jan. 9th...

And a hysterical video of the boys. I think Jack was about 5 months then

Here is his "story" it's on their myspace page http://www.myspace.com/73701658. In all honesty he came from a horrible breeder and his coloring is more than likely what caused his eye defect. Merles require good screening bc they're prone to eye and ear abnormalities. She definitely didn't do testing and didn't care about it and still breeds his mom and everything

Jack was born on January 9, 2006 with microthalmia or "small eye syndrome". His eye socket and eye ball are undersized and he is blind on that side. There are eye tests that can determine if a dog carries the gene and therefore should not be bred. Many breeders don't do the necessary testing and end up with puppies with eye defects. It's sad that people don't take the necessary precautions to avoid this and unfortunately things like this do happen. Geneticists feel that there is a relationship between hydrocephalus, eye abnormalities, nervous seizures and cryptorchidism, and therefore relate these problems to inherited hormonal defects.

In the search for my "perfect" merle, I came across the cutest little chubby chi with a reduced price due to an abnormal eye. It bothered me that he wasn't as "good" as the others and I couldn't bare the thought of him going to an owner who was just looking for a good deal. We wanted to give him a good home and the best opportunity, so even though he wasn't "perfect" he was perfect to me. He makes me happy every day and keeps us laughing. I can't imagine life without him. I sometimes even forget he has anything wrong with him. Although Jack can not see out of his small eye he doesn't let it stop him!

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rachel said:
Those are so cute! :love5: What great pics! Don't you just love the canon rebel?! I have the digital one...I assume its pretty close...and I love mine!!

I love canons! My digital cam is a Canon Powershot A640 but I really want a digital rebel. I haven't seen anything really that takes nicer pictures than my rebel so I figured the digital would be the same. You should post some pics! I think I'm going to get one soon. I have to save up for awhile lol I was actually just looking at them this morning on circuitcity.com I was debating between the newer XTi and the regular XT. I read that the XTi has bad click delay and it takes 5 seconds between pictures so I was leaning more towards the XT.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
awwwww Jack was the most amazing puppy, he was so darn cute.:angel13:
I would of had him to with-in a heart beat too.;)
Thanks Katie for the wounderful photo's and explaining it to me, your a star:daisy:
Just going back to watch the video now:D

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
:coolwink: LOL Tyson showing Jack just what boys are suppose to do....heehee.
My dogs have just gone crazy hearing a dark bark on the video.:p

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks Julie :D Jack has the puppy hic-ups at the end lol It's so weird how they only get them as puppies. The barker would be the family cocker spaniel. He's 13 and has lost his hearing but is doing well. He just sleeps a lot but gets along with the chis well. Don't you have a springer or cocker? I think I remember pictures of her.

·
Registered
218 Posts
WOW!!! those are great pictures!! All of your chis are absolutly adorable!!! I love the picture of Jack smiling!! Your pool looks great too! haha!

·
Registered
276 Posts
great pics! beautiful dogs!! so sorry about jack!!! that is so sad, poor baby! hes still handsome as ever tho!

o lord (@ the video) mine is starting to hump, mainly my arm when he gets to playing & thinks my hand is a toy, he'll toss his body around to where his behind is towards me & stradle my arm.. next thing i know.. there he goes ha ha

1 - 20 of 27 Posts